Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Loeka Clothing
    Jul 2009

Hello from Loeka Clothing/Feedback

Hello Ladies,

We here at Loeka Clothing, http://loeka.com/, would like to say hi to those of you who know us and introduce ourselves to those of you who don't. We are looking for some more feedback from YOU! We want to know what makes your favourite shorts, jersey, jackets, pants your favourite. Let us know. We will be checking this thread every few days for your replies. If you have any specific questions for us please feel free to send us an email. Cheers.
    Loeka Clothing
    www.loeka.com

Rides with Scissors
    I haven't tried your clothing (didn't know about them until now), but when I checked out the website I was pleased to find that your jerseys run long enough for a tall person (~6') like me to wear without having to go to tent-like girths to get the needed length.

One thing I couldn't tell from the pictures, do the shorts come with some sort of pseudo-belt to tighten the waist? Belt loops are OK, but I prefer an attached way to tighten things to keep shorts where I want them.
    Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

mtbr member
    Like Dakine fashion for "women", my girlfriend actually won't buy for the graphic female filigree that denotes the difference. Loeka has the same affliction- hell the whole dang industry. I say at least they aren't scented!

Hey, I am a "lady" too!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have a pair of Loeka shorts. While I could do without the pink embroidery, the price was right (from Chainlove.com).

They are a nice pair of shorts, light, lots of pockets, and the elastic + belt keeps em in place.

Not sure I'd pay for full price though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have to disagree re the graphics and pink embroidery, I'm all about that, think it looks awesome. Also love the capri length shorts, I have legs up to my eyeballs and while some say it's a gift, getting shorts and pants that fit like they are supposed to is practically impossible. So yay for the capris!

Loeka Clothing
    Jul 2009
    Hi Deanna,

Our 2008 shorts came with a built in nylon belt for cinching up the waist. For 2009 we do have the built in belt anymore. Just belt loops so you can add your own personal style touch with a belt. Lots of girls are not sure about riding with a belt, as will dig in to me ect. So far the feedback has been all positive. Our team riders are wearing our leather and cloth belt for DH, Free riding, commuting in. For longer all mountain rides the girls have been using a cloth belt with a small buckle. Now our Tech SHELL shorts, basically our over short, still comes with a built in belt. A very very popular short, as light weight, durable and fits into a jersey back pocket. Hope that helps. Cheers.
    Loeka Clothing
    www.loeka.com

Loeka Clothing
    Jul 2009
    Thanks for the feedback, are you willing to be more specific about the graphics?
    Loeka Clothing
    www.loeka.com

Loeka Clothing
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrackerktm
    I have a pair of Loeka shorts. While I could do without the pink embroidery, the price was right (from Chainlove.com).

They are a nice pair of shorts, light, lots of pockets, and the elastic + belt keeps em in place.

Not sure I'd pay for full price though.

Thanks Firecrackerktm, We understand not every girl wants pink on their gear, we get that feedback loud and clear. Would you be willing to let us know why you would not pay full price? Cheers.
    Loeka Clothing
    www.loeka.com

Loeka Clothing
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_chick
    I have to disagree re the graphics and pink embroidery, I'm all about that, think it looks awesome. Also love the capri length shorts, I have legs up to my eyeballs and while some say it's a gift, getting shorts and pants that fit like they are supposed to is practically impossible. So yay for the capris!

Thanks for the feedback mtb_chick. We are glad we can provide a length of short for long legged ladies. Cheers. Oh hopefully everyone sees this, Im not the most forum savvy yet, we are also having a summer sale on now till end of Aug. Details on the website.
    Loeka Clothing
    www.loeka.com

mtbr member
    Thanks for asking!

I don't own any of your products (yet), but when I am looking for bike clothes I try to stay away from the flowery stuff. I don't mind pink and I have several things that are solid pink. I just don't want a bunch of flowers and birds on my shorts or shirts. For me, no graphics is good graphics.

I like long shorts/capris with plenty of pockets and either velcro to tighten the waist or a belt. For shirt I like a half-zipper, so I can ventilate if needed. My problem with shorts or pants is that I have an ample bottom and thighs, yet a small waist. It is hard to find a good fit in shorts because it seems like most cycling clothing designers think we still want to show out curves on the trail. I just want some good baggies like the men get. I am not interested in showing curves.

That is my 2 cents :-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by robbybird
    My problem with shorts or pants is that I have an ample bottom and thighs, yet a small waist. It is hard to find a good fit in shorts because it seems like most cycling clothing designers think we still want to show out curves on the trail. I just want some good baggies like the men get. I am not interested in showing curves.

That is my 2 cents :-)
    I have a similar problem, Robby -- women's "sports" clothing doesn't have enough curves to fit; they are always a "junior" fit and if the hips fit the waist is ALWAYS too big. Built-in waist cinchers can help if the fit is at least close. It defies logic, but I have more luck when I can find shorts in a men's 28.

Women's tops are also always a junior's fit. I haven't been that flat chested since I was 14. When I buy the XL to fit the girls it's like having a biking moo moo on with an extra yard of fabric flapping in the breeze.

It would be enormously helpful if Loeka -- or anyone -- thought about those of us who have curves. We don't want to show cleavage or anything on the trail, but rather have clothes that FIT.
    2008 Specialized Safire Expert

That's damn yankee to you
    Aug 2008
    I don't own anything loeka, but I did check out the website. What I would like to find is shorter shorts. I don't want them hanging down around my knees. The only pair of short mountain bike shorts I have ever found were made by Trek and I found them on a clearance rack and haven't seen another pair like them anywhere else. And I'm not talking Daisy Dukes here, just something above the knee.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    You know....... whatever bike they are riding, assure them its the biggest bike of any guy you have ever ridden with.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Loeka
    Thanks Firecrackerktm, We understand not every girl wants pink on their gear, we get that feedback loud and clear. Would you be willing to let us know why you would not pay full price? Cheers.
    Oh, just because I'm a beginner, and stuff tends to get trashed--dirt, abrasions, rips. It's hard to justify $60+ shorts to my husband

I'm that way with everything though. I usually surf the discount sites, trying to find decent quality that's last year's leftovers or what not. I have a lot of expensive hobbies to try to keep up with.

Slothful dirt hippie
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedGood
    ...What I would like to find is shorter shorts.....
    They're definitely out there. You can search by inseam length @ teamestrogen.com.

I would agree that what's FAR harder to find is sporting goods built for girls with curves. I've presently fought myself down to a very lean weight and I still couldn't get a size large Fox shorts even over my arse the other weekend.

I don't know what sporting goods makers can do though. Unfortunately athletic women come in pretty radically different sizes and shapes, and those of us on the fringe of the bell curve are probably going to be stuck making do.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

dirt debutaunte
    I have a pair of shorts and a sleeveless jersey from Loeka, and love both of them.

The shirt is long enough for my freakishly long torso -- a rare fit in women's wear. Perhaps most women's legs start at their boobs (hence every women's specific anything in cycling), but I have a long waist and typically wear a men's jersey to avoid being a biking advertisement for Girls Gone Wild. Unfortunately (in one way) I also have a thin frame, so Men's clothes don't fit very well. I would definitely buy another shirt from you guys.

The shorts also fit well -- another shocker for women's wear. I think your sizes run a bit big, but this is a blessing for me since I'm typically between sizes. My only minor gripe with the shorts is that the waist-butt-thigh ratio feels a tiny bit off. My legs are pretty big for my otherwise-thin frame, and the shorts end up being a bit snug across the quads, and too loose in the waist (I have to wear a belt with them). Since women cyclists tend to get larger legs and saddles, I would think this is pretty common.

I send out a big THANK YOU for using that microfiber fabric and not making the shorts out of fully stretchy material. I'm so freaking sick of trying on women's 'baggies' and finding out that nearly every one is made of some stupid spandex hybrid. If they stretch all over the front and back....they're not really baggy are they?

Obviously you can't fit every body type, but I like your stuff. The simple two-tone graphics are feminine without being over the top, although I typically stay away from pink and flowers on clothes. Thanks for seeking feedback!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by verslowrdr
    I don't know what sporting goods makers can do though. Unfortunately athletic women come in pretty radically different sizes and shapes, and those of us on the fringe of the bell curve are probably going to be stuck making do.
    I don't think we're that odd. We're all no doubt a bit different., but there's 3 of us on this thread with the same curves fit problem so we can't be that far away from the norm.

I'm just grateful there's a company that sizes sports bras like bras, so I can get one that fits and works. (Moving Comfort.)
    2008 Specialized Safire Expert

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I agree with verslowrdr ... not just athletic women, but ALL women come in so many different shapes and sizes. Some of us put on our weight in our hips, thighs, fanny, tummy, chest, or any combination thereof!

Don't worry, be happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleC
    I don't think we're that odd. We're all no doubt a bit different., but there's 3 of us on this thread with the same curves fit problem so we can't be that far away from the norm.
    Make that four.

Caveat: I am not familiar with the brand however, I sure can echo-echo-echo the comments on shorts for women with curves. I am a tiny size 6 with hips and a waist, ( in shape, not heavy) and I am finding that almost everything I try on seems to be built for the athletic type build - straight as a board with no curves. So, if something fits over my butt, I have serious waistline gap-osis. This mostly means I just don't buy it. While i have the sewing skills to alter these things for a nice fit, I refuse to pay $60+ for something that I will have to spend time altering. Or, if it fits my waist I can't get it up my thighs.

mtbr member
    Five now.

I have not bought any bike clothes in years but am getting close to having to. I have not been buying because I could NEVER find things to fit at a reasonable price.

Paying $80-$90 or more for a pair of shorts/capris I can't try on first is NOT happening.

I am in that bad place where womens clothes just do not fit. I have real boobs, big arms and shoulders, big muscular thighs and rear, but I am short. So anything that even comes close to fitting my arms and chest is a tent. Shorts that fit over my thighs and rear hang way below my knees.

I will not spend my own money on jersey's with sleeves. There are two reasons for this and one is fit. I am NOT paying $60-$80+ for a jersey, no matter how cute it is, if I am going to have to slit the under side of the sleeve so it will NOT cut off the circulation in my arms. The other reason has to do with where I live - if it's cool enough to need sleeves I can wear a technical undershirt.

In fact, now most of what I wear to ride is technical clothes from my local sporting goods store; Academy. I can get tops that fit with out breaking the bank. I wear regular bike shorts most of the time, but still have a 10yo pair of baggies that I wear. I would like more baggies/capri's but have yet to find any that fit for under $100.
    "My daughter says I shouldn't dance like this, but I'm going to anyway!" Toni Price, Hippy Hour, 11/21

mtbr member
    I haven't tried on Loeka shorts in a couple years (didn't buy them because they didn't fit), but last time I did, here are my comments:

On the positive side: I think you guys have REALLY cute graphics/prints/colors. I love the pink, love the purple, love the yellow/brown plaid. Very cute. Not such a fan of contrast stitching. But most of your stuff is really cute. I don't like frilly pastels, but I'm all about hot pink accents (or even hot pink clothes). Bright girly colors/swirls/even bold flowers (like your logo) are good. Frilly flowers and patterns that look like they belong on my grandmother's wallpaper - not good. For my tastes, you're doing that part right.

I also love the length - the longer the better IMHO. And they feel pretty durable.

On the negative side: First, I just don't like elastic waists. I know it makes sense to fit a wider variety of builds, but I feel like I'm wearing my mother's clothes. (And I'm 35). I just can't stand that "pouf" of fabric below the elastic.

Second - I've got a curvy build (and therefore run into this with a lot of bike clothes) and they didn't really fit me well (too tight in the butt, big in the waist). I've heard your sizing got a little bigger over the past few years. Maybe the fit has changed a bit too. It's been a long time since i tried them on. EDIT - heh, I guess that makes me #6. I accept that I'm probably curvier than average, but I sometimes think cycling clothes manufactureres think that all women cyclists must have boyish hips, because it seems very uncommon to see cycling shorts made for women with big hips and a small waist.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I bought a pair of your shorts last year, love the length as I'm 6 foot, love the pinstripe on black, very cool but I found the fabric not breathable. At the time they had a pink lycra liner, I live in the mountains in Colorado and rode in these shorts for the first time last summer. As I rode I noticed that the fabric wasn't breathing and for the first time ever I found myself with sweaty legs (thighs) and the condensation would not go away, the shorts would stick to my thighs from the sweat. So I cut the liner out but it didn't help. It seems the fabric of the short is somewhat waterproof and has a coating on the inside. I can't wear these shorts in the summer even for DH because of this issue, I wear them now in the colder, wetter months of the year. The only thing I could think of was that a mesh liner might help the breathability issue..not sure..I was so disappointed as I love the look of the short. Has this happened to anyone else?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hmm, no, the shorts I have are just a shell so I wear them over my spandex.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Mine are a shell as well, I my own chamois..it just seems the fabric has a coating on the inside that doesn't allow it to breath..I own shorts from FOX and Sombrio and don't have the same issues..

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    For shorts:
    I look for a shell w/out a built in short.
    and belt loops! my complaint w/ most other shorts is they don't have belt loops.

I have a loeka jersey. I really like the way it fits and it is stylish.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I feel compelled to throw in my $0.02 here, because I have the opposite fit problems to all of you ladies. Far from being shorter and curvy, I am 5'11" and 130lbs, with (sadly) not much of a chest or butt and I definitely have never had a problem fitting shorts over my hips. I know no company can cater to all shapes and sizes, but I also think that a major thing they do is to make womens gear shorter. Cue me tearing my hair out and again holding on to ancient, falling apart gear just because I can't find anything to fit. If you truly want to try and cater to more fits, how about 3 lengths (short, reg and long) and 3 widths (slim, reg and curvy). Obviously this is not that economical for a small new company, but it's the way of the future (a la gap jeans)....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast