Paste eater

Hellcat / Minnar and mallet interference

After blowing through a pair of pearl Izumi xalp elites in roughly six months, I decided the minnars were the ticket for durability. I pretty much always run the metal beater blockers, now know as the shoe blockers on the CB site. That generally takes care of the shim/shoe tread issues. Not in this case. Had stack a plastic shim under there as well. Haven't been out for a ride but it does seem better - but 2 shims? This does not seem right. I mean, Minnar hi
    Self uses this combo ?!?!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    After blowing through a pair of pearl Izumi xalp elites in roughly six months, I decided the minnars were the ticket for durability. I pretty much always run the metal beater blockers, now know as the shoe blockers on the CB site. That generally takes care of the shim/shoe tread issues. Not in this case. Had stack a plastic shim under there as well. Haven't been out for a ride but it does seem better - but 2 shims? This does not seem right. I mean, Minnar hi
    Self uses this combo ?!?!
    I was having this same issue with the hellcats. (Same shoe different colors)my issue was the pins were to high. Once I lowered them a bit clip in and out just fine.