Thread: Harlot clothing

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Harlot clothing

Has anyone tried any of the Harlot clothing? I'm just wondering if they fit true to sizing, what you thought of them, etc. I have so much trouble finding shorts that are truly comfortable

www.harlotwear.com
    We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.

www.mtbnj.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neen
    Has anyone tried any of the Harlot clothing? I'm just wondering if they fit true to sizing, what you thought of them, etc. I have so much trouble finding shorts that are truly comfortable

www.harlotwear.com
    I'd say they run true to size. Meaning, compared to just about every other bike clothing company - they run big.

I have a pair of the Houlihan shorts which have held up well and fit so I can wear crash pad shorts under them. I wish they had cargo pockets, but other than that, they're great!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

I find them variable

I have a pair of the Camo shorts (LOVE THEM) and they run big. My Small Camos are quite loose and I wish I had been able to find an XS. However, I found them marked down to $20 and couldn't resist! Nothing a couple darts on the sewing machine won't fix. But another pair of shorts fit differently. The XS was way too tight and the Small fit fine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IttyBittyBetty
    I have a pair of the Camo shorts (LOVE THEM) and they run big. My Small Camos are quite loose and I wish I had been able to find an XS. However, I found them marked down to $20 and couldn't resist! Nothing a couple darts on the sewing machine won't fix. But another pair of shorts fit differently. The XS was way too tight and the Small fit fine.
    the Camo ones (the Houlihan) are meant to be a baggy, board short type of fit. Other models of their shorts are meant to be "form fitting". So I think that would explain it. You just have to read the fit description for each model.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I also have a pair of the camo shorts and love them. I'm a size 6 and got those in a medium and they fit perfect, they sit low on the waist and are baggie. I've never worn them riding so don't know how they would fit with padded riding shorts underneath. They get a little big in the butt after wearing them all day but I like a baggier fit in shorts and pants.

mtbr member
    I have not worn any but the Lady who runs Harlot found Ride Like A Girl and contacted us to be a sponsor. Very Cool! She sent us some shorts, shirts, and other stuff. The shorts were a highly sought after prize early in the season. There were major negotiations and bribery among those who wanted them and thought they would fit Too bad we only had one pair. They were talked about at every ride after words. We have had a lot of fun with the stickers too.

So, I have no idea how they fit, but they were so cool we all wanted them.
    "My daughter says I shouldn't dance like this, but I'm going to anyway!" Toni Price, Hippy Hour, 11/21

mtbr member
    Anybody know how long it usually takes for Harlot to ship items purchased from their website? I ordered some stuff last week and have no idea when to expect it. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I have a pair of Houlihans and the Carmen-X. Both are great. The Houlihans are a bit big, but w bike shorts underneath its fine. The Carmen-X are good for casual rides -- the fabric is soft and comfy, but the BCZ takes some getting used to. The run low in the back, so when you are biking, be prepared to show some skin.

I love the Einstein socks! At the SSWC07 in Aviemore, lots of folks were sporting them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I've got a pair of the Olivia shorts, and they are heaven! I received mine within a week to 10 days, I think. Well worth the wait.

banned
    One of our writers, Kaitlyn recently wrote a review on Harlot's Sophia jacket.

Members who have read this thread: 0