mtbr member

Ground Effect Baked Alaska

So I entered a competition here on mtbr a while back for this windproof merino top. Amazingly I won it

Just thought i'd post up my thoughts about it. Firstly Ground Effect, a NZ company got in touch to say it was being posted and if hit with any import duties etc to get in touch with them, i'm in UK.
    Unfortunately it got clobbered with import duty/vat etc for 24. (seems you have to pay these even if a competition prize ) I sent them a mail about it and they instantly paypal'd me the 24! Great service.

Anyway, I like it quite a lot. Nicely breathable but the front section is windproof. Merino wool
    inner layer and poly outer. Worked well as late autumn top layer and mid winter under a water/windproof jacket. It has rear pockets, one even has a tube patch sewn into it!
    Dries quick, doesn't stink due to the merino. Overall i'm very impressed and it gets used a lot.

I had a quick search on here and didn't find much about them. I guess being in NZ they don't get bought that much from abroad. Not sure if they have stockists anywhere else.

Great top, great service. The least I could do is give my opinion on it as i won it for free

Anyone else got one?

Rubber Side Usually Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign2Rider View Post
    Great top, great service. The least I could do is give my opinion on it as i won it for free

Anyone else got one?
    Not one of those, but I have a Frosty Boy and Double Happys, some socks and Zamboni somewhere.

The GE stuff is top notch quality and lasts forever and their service is great. Always on my list - groundeffect.co.nz
    ----------------------------------------------------
    'Geez, I wish I had a witty signature'