mtbr member

Gloves. Which ones?

Hello everyone:
    I'm looking into purchasing some gloves for riding but I don't know which ones to buy. There just to many to chose from. Which are the most comfortable and the best. I have a $60 budget for gloves. Any reccomendations would be great. TIA

SuperInstigator
    What kind? (DH, XC, etc...)

Tim
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

mtbr member
    sorry, for xc.

mtbr member
    Since its getting cold I am talking long fingered gloves. A lot of riders like Pearl Izumi and dont really care that they might cost a couple dollars more because of the fit and quality. A couple of the Pearl Izumi gloves are made with english Pittard leather which is a waterproof softened leather thats nice. I tend to look at cost a little more and the last pair I bought was Louis Garneau. They make a couple of nice windproof breathable gloves and they are slightly cheaper than Pearl Izumi. Gore also makes some nice windproof gloves. I think you probably could check out the Pearl Izumis that Performance has and find one that will work in your climate. Some of us that live in really cold areas might have two or three pairs of long fingered gloves for different temps. There are also riders who collect gloves like some women collect shoes. If a guy told me he had eight pair of long fingered gloves it wouldnt surprise me at all.

Captain Underpants
    For general riding I like the Fox Digit gloves. comfy, fairly cheap. They generally last me about 18 months.

But they are not cold weather gloves. Cannondale makes a nice set of insulated cold weather gloves, run about $60.

mtbr member
    Cool thanks. I live in Miami so cold weather won't be a factor for me, but i'm still looking for a long fingered glove.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

the new Nema Breather glove should be a hot item when it's released (sorry not avail yet).. i think in about a month or 2...if you're willing to wait. only $23.99 MSRP. awesome fit & feel.. by far one of the most comfortable gloves i've worn! thumbs will be all black. color options will be black, red & white

lurkio
    Jul 2007
    Specialized Ridge, the back is nice and light and they should be dirt cheap in the states
    We went, earth, sky, earth sky, earth skyambulance

local trails rider
    Go into a shop and try some on. You might find a pair that you like.

willtsmith_nwi
    Specialized are nice as they only put padding where you really need it. I also prefer full finger gloves for ANY outing as I have no desire to cut up my fingers in a fall. Those are important and finger bandages are a pain in the ass.

LCI #1853
    I ride most of the time with my regular road gloves... Currently a pair of half-fingered Specialized; and I have another pair of long-fingered Specialized for when the hawk comes out to play in the winter and early early spring.

Person
    Sep 2005
    I wear Mechanics gloves most of the time. They last a long time and are cheap.

They can be a little warm in the summer, but I don't need to worry about that for another 8 months or so.

Rat Fink
    I've been through a bunch of them and by far prefer Specialized BG gloves.
    Raspberries, nature's poison ivy bait. (Formerly, 'Stops to eat the raspberries.')

Cute as a Button
    Feb 2004
    Pearl Izumi Gel Lite Pro--best gloves I've ever had, my left hand no longer goes numb--as it has with tens of other gloves I've used. Don't get the Gel Lite Tour though--the only gloves I've ever had which actually disintigrated, though they were outstanding otherwise.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    try the mace shackles there about $40 and have top crash padding and good finger ventilation. but they don't have straps they just slip on your hand

ZEN RIDER!
    The last few years my favorite gloves have been Fox Dirt Paw MX gloves.
    They work well with the larger grips & have really good knuckle protection.
    Plus being MX gloves they last me a long while, unlike mtb gloves.
    Life in every breath

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I love my Fox Mojave's; full thumb, half fingers, good knuckle protection, year old still going strong, padding just right. I like the full thumb, makes shifting easier on sweaty type days

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Try to gloves find at biking-gloves.com. personaly i recommend you to buy full finger gloves, they are more practical. what about the model:
    1. Pearl Izumi Pittards Carbon Gloves
    2.Troy Lee Designs XC Gloves

g3h6o3
    The next pair I buy will probably be these :
    http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.ph...duct_id=192653

They are very well padded and comfy.
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

mtbr member
    I currently use full finger Specialized BG gloves and like them a lot, but the best thing you can do is to go try some on.
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

mtbr member
    Currently riding with a pair 07 XL Fox Sidewinders. They have seemless finger tips, fit my hand perfectly, the velcro strap stays in place, and they breathe well.
    Second on my list would be the 07 XL Spec Enduro BG. They have a breathable palm, good padding, and comfortable material.

The 06 Sidewinder is tight across the hand while the 07 is more elastic. My 04 Sidewinders were only a Large so the fingers were too short but the material was very baggy. After 2 1/2 years, my thumb eventually punched through the material and they had to be retired.

mtbr member
    Blackhawk Hellstorms.....2 thumbs way up

Members who have read this thread: 0