mtbr member

Gloves that breathe

I'm looking for a pair of full fingered gloves that provide a lot of protection but also breathe really well. I ride 4-6 times a week and my hands smell like my gloves even after I've showered and washed my hands. I'd wash my gloves more, but after 2-3 rides they're a mess again. I live in San Diego and it gets quite hot. I don't need them for cold weather at all.

mtbr member
    I've had good luck with SixSixOne. I recently saw them pretty cheap at Jenson USA. 12.99 I think...

LightJunction.com
    I've got a pair of Pearl Izumi ones that I picked up last fall. They've got clarino leather palms, but the whole backhand is mesh. Seems to breathe about as well as any pair of gloves I've owned.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

LightJunction.com
    The Impacts. Here they are: Gloves
    www.LightJunction.com

mtbr member
    About 3 hours after I posted this I fell and broke my middle finger. I'll be buying either the fox unibomber gloves or the ones with the carbon fiber knuckle protectors.

LightJunction.com
    Ouch. Not a bad way to go either. Your health is probably more important than smelly hands. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    www.LightJunction.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post
    About 3 hours after I posted this I fell and broke my middle finger. I'll be buying either the fox unibomber gloves or the ones with the carbon fiber knuckle protectors.
    Good luck with the finger--Not to bum you out--but I use unibombers and I wouldnt plan on them preventing broken bones, they have a tad more padding than dirtpaws but not much--they too stink after about a week--mine are washed every other week--Im guessing theyll live through about 10 washes

mtbr member
    I was thinking about the fox bomber gloves. They have carbon fiber knuckles and what not. Looks pretty good tp me.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Sombrio BMX gloves breathe very well....if you can handle the latex glove-like fit. I have three seasons on just one pair! Easily washable, with nice padding too:

sombrio gloves | eBay
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc
    2014 Surly Pugsley

mtbr member
    sixsixone raji glove best hot weather glove and a terry cloth thumb (a must have for me) for wiping sweat.

turtles make me hot
    I've got some Troy Lee glove that I love when it's warm out. I never notice smelly hands and my hands don't get all sweaty in them. Can't remember the model.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mission2 View Post
    sixsixone raji glove best hot weather glove and a terry cloth thumb (a must have for me) for wiping sweat.
    When you heal up, these gloves are great for hot weather. Single layer palm that is highly perforated, they do tear easy unfortunately. They come up on chainlove fairly often for $10-$12 a pair.

mtbr member
    The Spenco Heatwave are what I found at my LBS. Theyve kept my hands as cool as possible during humid 110F east Texas summers. They've lasted 1 pair per year for 3 years. Mine are blue, but I noticed a new red version last time I glanced at the glove rack.

mtbr member
    661 Raji work really good both light and breathable. jm2c

mtbr member
    Might sound odd, but I've been using my old paintball gloves for like 7 years.

Search results for: 'paintball gloves'

Breath great and I am pretty hard on my stuff, so these have far outlived my expectations.
    my .02
    Ride your bike and be happy.