Thread: Gloves?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Gloves?

Can anyone recommend some gloves that are going to keep my fingers from freezing off? IIt has been from 30-35 deg here for the last week or so in the mornings. My fingers are frozen solid by the time I get to class and I cant even think about using my brakes for the last half of my ride since my fingers wont move. I tried a ski glove but it was too bulky and my hand was still cold. I really want to use mittens but then I cant really brake and steer at the same time. Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance,

Megan

mtbr member
    Hi Megan,

I commute in the winter by bike where it's 10 degrees and colder. I use mittens too. It's a DaKine snowboard mitten (60% off!), all Gortex with a fleece liner mitten. I have not had problems braking and steering since my fingers already are near the brake levers when I'm riding. It was awkward my first ride, but now I don't even have to think about it.

LOL! 35 is perfect commuting weather to me!

Quote Originally Posted by scubaklook
    Can anyone recommend some gloves that are going to keep my fingers from freezing off? IIt has been from 30-35 deg here for the last week or so in the mornings. My fingers are frozen solid by the time I get to class and I cant even think about using my brakes for the last half of my ride since my fingers wont move. I tried a ski glove but it was too bulky and my hand was still cold. I really want to use mittens but then I cant really brake and steer at the same time. Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance,

Megan