mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Glasses with vents

I've been trying to find the perfect glasses to wear when riding. I only want glasses for safety. I have tried a lot of different ones. None of them have been expensive. Mostly because I have lost several. And I can't afford to lose a real good set. I have finally found a set that fits comfortably. But today I rode a mile or so without them(forgot I took them off for a break). I realized I really like the feel of the wind blowing across my face.

So now I'm wondering if I am the only one who feels this way? And do the glasses with vents make more air flow across your face? Or are they only there to help reduce fogging? Anyone have a recommendation for a set that still let the air through somehow?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I bought a cheap pair of glasses at Walgreen's that had vents on the side they were for sports shatter resistant ect..,because i lost my Oakleys. the vents are cool let a little bit of air in, the light that comes through the vents can be a little distracting at times but with cheap glasses the lens scratched on the first ride and i cant stand it if my glasses aren't spotless. now im back using my Oakleys because i found them. (coming from a competitive shooting and pilot background the quality of your glasses can make a big deal.

what are your eyes worth to you?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I have a few different pairs of Oakley's (w/ vents), Smith and Ryders (no vents).

The vents definetely make a difference for keeping the lens fog free as slower speeds. All will fog up in cool, humid conditions when you're not moving, and stay clear at speed.

Vents do work.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    My Numa X-Frames are vented for anti-fog. Love them. Hydrophobic lenses shed water on those rainy rides too. All glasses will fog, but vents definitely help.