Thread: Giro Xen Helmet

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Giro Xen Helmet

I found the Xen helmet for $80 at JensonUSA, it looks like a pretty good deal. Two questions though...

1. I hear talk of 10% off coupons, where can I get one?
    2. I want the helmet in Matte Black, is that the same as they Gray they have listed on JensonUSA?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2005

hnmmm

Quote Originally Posted by BarfBike
    I found the Xen helmet for $80 at JensonUSA, it looks like a pretty good deal. Two questions though...

1. I hear talk of 10% off coupons, where can I get one?
    2. I want the helmet in Matte Black, is that the same as they Gray they have listed on JensonUSA?

Thanks.
    1. I'm pretty sure that 10% off expired end of June if memory serves, but look around in case I'm in error.

2. The black and grey are actually two different colors. Best way I could characterize the difference is the grey has a more muted black effect in it, like is a dark almost black grey.

I got my grey from jensonusa a few months ago, I like it, vents nice, I don't notice it when its on.

anything else?
    Rule # 59. "Free advice is seldom cheap."

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Well, about the color... Giro's website lists Charcoal Black (shiny black) and Matte Black (muted black). Im guessing that the gray is the Matte Black? Look at the website and let me know if you dont mind. I really want that Matte Black color. Let me know if thats that you have. Thanks.

jrm
    mtbr member

best bet..

Well, about the color... Giro's website lists Charcoal Black (shiny black) and Matte Black (muted black). Im guessing that the gray is the Matte Black? Look at the website and let me know if you dont mind. I really want that Matte Black color. Let me know if thats that you have. Thanks.
    is to call jenson..

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    it is an older model helmet
    www.treefortbikes.com Just lauched V2.0 with free shipping and low prices!

mtbr member
    May 2005

hmm

Yea I'm thinkin you may be looking at an older catalog. From what I remember the black is a shiny and the grey is a gunmetal "black". Just think of the grey as a really dark shade of grey almost a black.

clear enough?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Oh, so the website isnt up to date? Where can I see some up to date pictures so I know what Im buying? I wasnt looking at a catalog if thats what you think, it was www.giro.com. I dont know, its confusing.

mtbr member
    May 2005

ah

Oh, so the website isnt up to date? Where can I see some up to date pictures so I know what Im buying? I wasnt looking at a catalog if thats what you think, it was www.giro.com. I dont know, its confusing.
    ah, well hmmm, lets see, you don't want to go to your LBS to buy it (I couldn't no one was carrying it and no one was interested in ordering it for me), so I can only think of one other thing. Actually look at the pictures online. IE look at the pictures they have at jensen etc...

If that doesn't work for you don't know what else to tell you. Oh well I do, don't worry so much about fashion, you aren't on a new york runway, just get a helmet and get out there ride and stay safe.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I just discovered you could change colors on the JensonUSA website. The "Gray" on JensonUSA.com is the same as the "Matte Black" at the Giro website. Thank you. Now how long is this crazy deal at JensonUSA going to last?

"Mr. Britannica"
    I just discovered you could change colors on the JensonUSA website. The "Gray" on JensonUSA.com is the same as the "Matte Black" at the Giro website. Thank you. Now how long is this crazy deal at JensonUSA going to last?

Nashbar has matte black and all other colors on sale for $100, use the current 20% coupon and it's $80, same deal...

They have a bunch of mtb stuff on sale now... L&M ARC HID for $450, Cateye Cordless 7 for $33... less 20% and they become decent deals.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Hey, thanks a lot for that info. I think Ill get it at nashbar to be on the safe side. I hope that 20% off coupon lasts a few more weeks!

Hisforever
    L&M ARC HID for $450????????

Shoot, thats stEEEEEEEp for a light. L&M lights work very well.

HID=super bright blue light. two of them(bar/helmet) would be insanely bright.

"Mr. Britannica"
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAHEEB
    L&M ARC HID for $450????????

NO... $450 minus 20% or $360. But there might not be a 20% coupon anymore... however, there is a 10% one so you can still get it for $405. Not too bad, but you can find the Li-ion for that price.

Update- Performance has the ARC HID for $390 and there is a 20% coupon, so it's $312. They also have the Li-ion for $400, so take 20% off that and it's $320- THAT'S A GOOD DEAL.
    Last edited by roadiegonebad; 07-13-2005 at 06:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    20% gone?

"Mr. Britannica"
    Quote Originally Posted by roadiegonebad
    NO... $450 minus 20% or $360. But there might not be a 20% coupon anymore... however, there is a 10% one so you can still get it for $405. Not too bad, but you can find the Li-ion for that price.

Update- Performance has the ARC HID for $390 and there is a 20% coupon, so it's $312. They also have the Li-ion for $400, so take 20% off that and it's $320- THAT'S A GOOD DEAL.

The ARC Lions at Performance are GONE.