mtbr member

Giro vs Troy Lee Full-Face helmets

currently have a Giro CF fullface helmet. it's a couple yrs old, been banged around so i'm looking for a new one. considering another Giro CF or a Troy Lee D3 carbon or D3 composite. looking for some help deciding...

beater
    I found they fit a little differently, at least on my head. I highly recommend comparison shopping. Even if you're shopping online, you might want to order a couple with the expectation of returning at least one.

In my case, I didn't like the fit of the Giro Remedy. I tried, liked and bought a POC. I recently tried on a friend's D3, and liked the way it fit, too.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    you're quite right, they do fit differently. I just tried on a D3 and didn't fit me very well, tried a large and XL. XL pads nice but shell seemed too big, L shell seemed ok but very tight. of course it was brand new and will loosen up,or i could get smaller pads installed. On the other hand I do like the fit of the giro remedy. but that was tight too at first but loosened up and now fits great. D3 also seemed to sit "taller" on my head than the giro. also tried another troy lee the other night that i like better, but not sure which model it was. guess i'll keep trying on helmets.

beater
    The thing I liked about the POC over the Giro is that the chin bar comes down lower, and actually covers my chin. The Giro didn't quite cover it (and I look nothing like Jay Leno- I'd say I have a fairly small chin). The POC's chin bar also extends a little further out, which felt like it would vent exhalations a little better.

My friend was in a similar position with his D3. He went with the L.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

boardguru
    Oct 2009
    I have both a D3 and Giro Remedy, the TLD fits a bit "snugger" than the Giro and is a bit hotter. I love the Giro in the summer because of better airflow and venting, better breathing venting.
    They are both great helmets, just up to the individual which one they prefer I guess.

DynoDon
    In my riding I don't wear or need a full face helmet, but if I did I'd want the new Specialized Dissident full face, infact, it looks so cool I want one and I don't need one, maybe its just good advertising.

Specialized Bicycle Components
    Four wheels transport the body,

Two wheels transport the soul !!!!