mtbr member
    Jun 2016

G fourm pads worth the buy?

Hello everyone. I am new to this sport and as I recover from a broken clavicle I am looking into picking up some pads. I am a beginner, don't do much down hill but I am looking to be padded up. I like the idea of still being comfortable while ridding and keep In mind I just ride basic trails. Going with a full body suit from G Fourm seems like the way to go. Any advice??

mtbr member
    I have g-form knee pads and think they're pretty good lightweight protection. They do shift a bit and I have to readjust now and then, also I have a hard time tolerating them in the heat. They're about the best I've found so far though.

mtbr member
    I have g form knee pads also , light weight and comfortable .ive been down a couple times and the did there job

Captain One Lung SuperModerator
    Not in my opinion. They shift too much, are hot, and the fabric tears if you pull too hard.

The Fox Launch Enduro are a more reliable option.

gone walk about
    mine have been great. for a lighter weight pad it's great, no shift, no tears, and do their job.
    "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK"

Captain One Lung SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    mine have been great. for a lighter weight pad it's great, no shift, no tears, and do their job.
    ^^ this guy LOVES tubes so don't listen to him.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    They don't breathe well and the spandex fabric covering the rest of the knee will tear and won't protect you from much. If you ride on rocky or gravely terrain, I'd look for something else.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    You're on the right path. Great pad for light protection while remaining comfortable when pedaling. My last pair lasted four years and held up well even after a couple of spills. If you pick up a pair make sure the sizing is correct, my last pair were medium and a little tight. They would slide down occasionally. I just bought a new pair of larges and the fit is much more comfortable and they do not shift at all when pedaling.
    If you're looking for something with a little more protection I would recommend the Deanise trail skins.