Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: G-Form Pads

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

G-Form Pads

Anyone using G-Form knee & elbow pads? What do you think of them?

Other than the hideous color they seem to be the cats meow for XC riding.

skaterqwertyuiop
    They look interesting, I might give them a try if my 661 Race elbow pads are uncomfortable or don't protect well (they're arriving on Tuesday).
    I'm probably going to order the saddle gel kit, because my sit bones ache after even 3 hour rides.
    It's not about what bike you ride, but how hard you tear it up

bikeboatbrewski
    I just got a full set of the G-force pads, have not had the chance to use them yet. They should be nice for XC/trail riding. Look like they will be perfect for summer time. Good anytime pad, still would not replace my full on DH gear.

I have emailed them a bit and they have replied to all inquires. Told them to get a short sleeve top in the works, sounds like they will.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

G-form Pads

Hi Snowboy76,
    I do some writing and testing for mtnbikeriders.com and I did a test on them if you wish to check it out.
    I loved them and they make a great XC, CX, epic ride pad due to the light weight and packability. Check out the article.
    Thanks MTBR for letting me post this for your reader.

monster member
    Those do look great but, dear lord do they need to make them in black. Or a light brown so that it wasn't so noticable you were wearing knee pads at all.

It amazes me how good a product can be but then the marketing dept screws it all up.
    Have fun!

Huffy Rider
    I have been using the knee and elbow pads for over a month now. They are super comfortable and I forget they are even there. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to crash test them yet. I ride 3-4 times a week in Sedona and every time I am about to crash, I end up saving it! I would recommend them.

Brenda

mtbr member
    May 2011
    i just ordered the knee and elbow pads. will have them thursday. once i use them a bit i will decide if i want to get the shin pads also

mtbr member
    I don't get the yellow. I mean, why not all black? These look awesome, but like others have said I won't buy them until they make them in an all black version, or at least something a little less flashy.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    no spiderman worshippers out there? wow, the marketing department didn't see that one coming...i'll stick with my 661 evo lite xc for now.

Old Man
    They are interesting, but I agree on the color not being the best, I suppose you could hit them with some of that paint on bed liner in a can and be good there. My next purchase will likely come down to a choice between the G-Form and 661, still undecided presently.
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." - Mark Twain
    Site

bikeboatbrewski
    Been using mine for a while now, while I have not crashed yet with them they are very comfy. I call them my always pro. Unless I feel I need the burly DH stuff these will always be on my rides. They easily fit in most any pack.

I am not vain enough to worry about color, if you had too you could color them with a sharpie I guess.

mtbr member
    Seriously, promising-looking design, awful-looking color. I'm not sure its vanity to want to ride down the trail without looking like Marvel Comics.

mtbr member
    How do they run for sizing? It say's to measure around the elbow in the center. I measure at 11 inches and that is a large? I'm not a big guy, their xs/s must be for kids?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    i have had mine for a little while now. i am quite happy. honestly i dont even care about the yellow pads. they are dirty so they arent so bright anymore dont have any complaints. they work well

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vmaxx4 View Post
    How do they run for sizing? It say's to measure around the elbow in the center. I measure at 11 inches and that is a large? I'm not a big guy, their xs/s must be for kids?
    Vmaxx, you'd be a size large. Their sizing seems spot on to me, and they seem to have a pretty good return policy if you don't like the fit.
    Pugsley, Bullit

mtbr member
    I've ridden several times in mine and they sure are comfortable! I haven't had any crashes yet so I can't really talk about the protection. My knees are really bad and I can't even kneel down on them but wearing the G-Forms I can. I'm thinking about wearing them all the time everyday!
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

mtbr member
    Well I finally went down pretty hard on my right knee yesterday. The G-Forms worked great! Got right back up and kept riding and the knee is fine today!

Paste eater
    How hard are the yellow thingys? How do these compare in terms of protection when compared to say. the 661 evos?

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    They have black now.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

mtbr member
    I did not see that option on their product pages, where is it?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    We had the opportunity to see the G-Form lineup at the InterBike trade show last week. The yellow color is loud, but they are offering all black versions now. Really interesting pad technology. We don't have them in stock yet, and have not riden with them, but based on handling them on a trade show floor...

The pad material is softer and more pliable/"squishy" than the d3o material in SixSixOne's EVO line. They had an interesting product demo comparing the pad to McDavid's HexPad technology - not the right product to compare - using a bowling ball dropped from around 3-4 feet. I would have liked to have seen the pads compared directly to d3o instead, but to no surprise the G-Form outperformed the HexPad in protecting a pack of M&Ms.

Construction quality seems high, pad placement and articulation while wearing the elbow and knees seems excellent. Weight is super light. The all-black color looks cool, but I think the black/yellow has it's place (underneath snowboard pants, for example). According to G-Form, the pads are abrasion resistant in the event of a crash - that's why they can place the pads on the outside vs having to enclose them inside a pocket (like d3o).

The pad technology is somewhere between d3o, XPROTEX baseball gloves, and EVA foam. I really liked the product line and think G-Form is a good choice if you're looking for super light weight, underarmour-ish base material, and advanced d3o-like (maybe better?) padding that gives you a low profile but good impact protection qualities.

We don't have it yet, but we've decided to bring G-Form into our product line. You have to look around to find it, but I suspect quite a few shops will pick it up in the next season.
    Jim B
    XSportsProtective
    (800)930-4084
    www.XSportsProtective.com
    info@XSportsProtective.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    G-Form pad are now finally offered in black.

Austin, Texas
    I have had two sets of the G-Form pads and they work well, especially here in Texas where it's hot as hell. I have taken a few spills on the G-Form pads and they will protect you from a pretty good rap. My previous pads were POC, but the G-Form is almost as good at impact and not nearly as hot as the POC.
    Austin, Texas

mtbr member
    I've been using them all season now, close to a hundred rides wearing them and they still look great. There is no marks on them from the falls I've taken and they do work as advertised.
    As for the yellow colour, who cares? Your not wearing them to the clubs or to the movies.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I'm curious to know the actual weight of the knee pads, and how they sustained multi cycles of washing machine ? (if they are machine washable) ty

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast