Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: G-Form Pads

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I use the knee pads for snowboarding. They're tight at first but they break in. Awesome for a thin flexible knee pad.

Resident Gear Head

Re: G-Form Pads

Quote Originally Posted by Ftb90 View Post
    I use the knee pads for snowboarding. They're tight at first but they break in. Awesome for a thin flexible knee pad.
    Glad to hear they do break in. I measure for a size large via the specs on the g form site but they felt a bit snug. I rode again today and noticed a bit of bunching at the back of the knee, leads to a bit of friction that can get annoying but I am sure it will subside as they break in. I took one small spill on a sandy corner, washed out the front end and the pads did offer some protection. Took another small flop later on and fell right on top of my knee. Not a hard fall at all but I could feel the pad helped. I felt a bit of a thud through the pad but it did do its job. Still haven't fallen on any rocky sections but I'm sure that will happen soon enough.
    2 Hands Working Do More Than 1000 Hands Praying

mtbr member
    I had mine for less than two months before they fell apart. Stitching on Lycra at top bottom ends and complete blow out of Lycra on superior side of knee pads. Never fell in them. POC cpd more comfortable and articulated. I ride basic xc

Resident Gear Head
    Just exchanged my size large for an XL and WOW soooo much more comfortable

mtbr member
    My GF used the elbow pad...crashed and ripped the lycra part.
    Cervelo S2
    Specialized Carve Pro
    Pivot Mach 5

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    My GF used the elbow pad...crashed and ripped the lycra part.
    More important, in this case, did it do it's job for her?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brmeyer135 View Post
    exactly! if it prevented rash, bloody arm etc then that = success.

steezeless
    Unfortunately I picked these up after I messed up my elbow but they are working well. No slippage but they do bunch up behind the knee and get a little uncomfortable. Not too bad though.
    They do require a washing, turned my arms green. Thought I was bruising until it washed off.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

G-Form Pads

Stitching on my knees has been solid over 5 months months, riding 5-6 days a week, 2-4 hrs per ride, saves my skin on a crash about every 2 weeks. Plenty of holes in the Lycra from that, but still holding together just fine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brmeyer135 View Post
    They did their job.

I was just hoping they would go more than one crash before ripping. It was a low speed fall. It is what it is...
    Cervelo S2
    Specialized Carve Pro
    Pivot Mach 5

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I've had the black G-Form knee & elbow pads for more than a year. They are okay. They don't get as hot as some of the other knee pads I've used, and are fairly easy to put on and take off. The elbow ones do move down some after a longer ride, but not by much. I like them since they look much better than the big bulky knee/elbow pads from other manufactures. I've had a couple of smaller crashes with them, and they did just fine. For more serious rides I switch to heavier, bigger knee pads, but same G-Form elbow pads, only because I'm not sure how well the knee pads would do in a big crash, not because they have proved to be unsafe. I've washed them a bunch of times and all the stickers have fallen off, but the pads still look fine. Overall, as others have said, I would recommend them for XC like rides, but they're probably not strong enough for serious DH.

Resident Gear Head
    Weird how these seem to be hit or miss on quality

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I bought two pairs of large or xl legs. They fit tight and ended up using them as elbows instead. Went to 661 pads for the knees (Kyle straight models). Nice and light, very comfortable for xc trail rides but they tend to slip in slide type crashes as its just the lycra sticky strips that bold them in place. They do the job though, and are less restrictive and warm than the beefier style POC or 661 type pads.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5