mtbr member

G-Form elbow pads?>>

Name:  elbows-black-415.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  40.2 KB

I'm not a "haulin-ass rider" but I do zoom along and sometimes my balance will slip and down I go!

I'm looking into putting a layer between me and the ground. Not a hardshell type, just a road rash type protection layer...

So far my "slam the ground" body parts are mostly hands, lower elbow/forarm and hip/side BOOM Toss Roll! LOL

ANyway ^^^ anyone have G-Form?

What light pads do you like?
    Thanks for your time!
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

fat & decripit old guy
    Mar 2011
    I always wear the knees even on xc rides. I have bad knees which will not take any kind of hit to hurt.
    They are very comfortable to wear all the time.
    The elbows are very compact to put in a pack for the ups and you don't even know that they are on when installed on your arms for the way down.
    Look close at some pic's of pro Enduro riders arms and you will see G-Form elbows under their jerseys.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply..55 bucks...they look light and not bulky...
    I know of an LBS near by that carrys them so I think I'll make an effort to try them on and feel the fit!
    Thanks
    Burt
    Ride MORE = Live Longer

mtbr member
    Well I picked up some elbow for tomorrows ride...Been wearing them around the house..i know,, my wife and kids are teasing me..LOL
    Yeah..I hate squeessey clothing..like too tight wrist bungie they put on some jackets..drives me nuts..anyway ..I'm diggen these..they are so low profile you can wear long sleve whatever over them... A little squeese but that kinda feels like I have a breatheable sock on my arm.
    Science! they say....
    Find out tomorrow
    Ride MORE = Live Longer

fat & decripit old guy
    Mar 2011
    I had them on under a long sleve shirt shirt when I picked mine up as well. My wife did not notice that I had them on till I showed them her.

mtbr member
    LOL I told my 5yr old to punch my elobow...yer crazy she says ....lol
    I drove to the store with um too...lol i know i know..lol
    Ride MORE = Live Longer

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Just bought and used these today. They were a bit tight at first, and they kept me warm from the breezy weather. I did not have any spills today, so I really can't comment on how well they work. I'm really glad I got these.

mtbr member
    Well Mee too! I just did a 8 mile ride on some local single track...nothen hard just hard on the lungs...or good! LOL
    I do "feel" them but ..the way they fit so smooth I wore my long sleeve over them and well I didn't care they were there...corse when the valley is 105...prolly gonna hate them lol
    Ride MORE = Live Longer

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I too use the elbow pads and really like them. I have fallen several times on rocks (las vegas desert) with no damage to the elbows.

Its hard to realize how well they work until you actually take a fall on your elbow.

mtbr member
    Good to know, thanks! If anything boost in riding safty give me a faster line :-) HANG ON! lol
    Ride MORE = Live Longer

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Coming next monday to TLD, a new super light form fitting elbow pad, called the "E-lite" will launch, along with the rest of the collection. This image is not supposed to be online, but screw it, sneak peak........ http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/g...bow-guards.jpg

They will also be less expensive than the other brand you mentioned.

All of the new protection will be seen here on monday:
    Troy Lee DesignsŪ | Protection

mtbr member
    Nice - looks very similar to the G-Form. For what it's worth - been riding w/ the G Forms now for about 4-5 months and love them. A lot of my friends were resistant to them at first cause of the robocop looks the pads give you, but the slim profile and comfort trump for sure. I've also had a few spills and am glad they were on. I'm definitely a big fan of the G-Forms so far and wear them on almost every ride now as that way I don't shy away from doing some steep drops or technical features that I might have before.

Quote Originally Posted by stiksandstones View Post
    Coming next monday to TLD, a new super light form fitting elbow pad, called the "E-lite" will launch, along with the rest of the collection. This image is not supposed to be online, but screw it, sneak peak........ http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/g...bow-guards.jpg

They will also be less expensive than the other brand you mentioned.

All of the new protection will be seen here on monday:
    Troy Lee DesignsŪ | Protection

mtbr member
    Nice!
    Thanks!
    Ride MORE = Live Longer

mtbr member
    Any input on how they do in hot weather? they look like they insulate well (too much)?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Well I wore them today, the spandex sleave does let the air in when you're rolling..but like all gear as soon as you stop the heat builds quick..start rolling again..ahhh I feel the air. After 16miles...yeah they were sweaty when I pealed um off but during the ride..no worries. I'm going to get the knees next...for me they work well..I'm just recreational rider..so don't need huge hard pads, just an extra layer yah know..
    LOL some guy on you tube was hitting himself with a ahammer..gues they work.ha
    Ride MORE = Live Longer

fat & decripit old guy
    Mar 2011
    Had the knees on when riding Moab last year in 36 deg C (104 deg for you Amerkins) with no issues excpt for the bad burn on my lower calf that I forgot to put sun screen on.
    Last edited by material guy; 03-21-2014 at 06:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Well I offically test the right side..no slipping !!
    I crashed and my elbows are clean..can't walk very good but hey no scraped up elbows!! LOL
    ANyway so far..great pad that is lightweight, foldable into a pocket, no slipping (so far), breathable, washable..ok so 55 comes alive...
    Have a good week
    Ride MORE = Live Longer

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

G-Form elbow pads?>>

Enduro mag is releasing a huge pad comparison article soon. G Forms were at the very bottom of the barrel in terms of impact absorbtion. That said, I own a pair of the knees and love them - mostly interested in saving skin and bruising. If I was doing gnarlier stuff, I'd throw on my other pads I use when DHing. The elbows didn't fit me very well. I like the Fox Launch Pro elbows a bit better.

mtbr member
    Agree..skin savers and not built like the "Real" pads out there. It worked when I crashed two Saturdays ago..my elbows are clean and the lading side pad was not. I still need knee protection as I did end up with a 50c size RRash bleeder on my knee..

So Lindahl ~ How is the pedaling/movement with GForm Knee? What size did you end up with. I'm 6foot 210lbs and I have XL elbow pads. Just curious if you are similar in size.. I stil need to got to the LBS and try the fit for the knee but I'm thiking XL or L..
    Thanks
    Burt
    Ride MORE = Live Longer

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

G-Form elbow pads?>>

Definitely not your size - 5'10 and 170. The knees are great. After an hour or so, I don't really notice them anymore. Love how they aren't bulky at all.

mtbr member
    Roger that!
    Thanks
    Ride MORE = Live Longer

fat & decripit old guy
    Mar 2011
    Just so you have an idea about sizing, my wife is 115lbs and takes a large knee, I am 5' 8" 180lbs and take an extra large in the knee! I go on all day epics wearing the knees with not a thought about it. They fit/wear that well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burt4x4 View Post
    Agree..skin savers and not built like the "Real" pads out there. It worked when I crashed two Saturdays ago..my elbows are clean and the lading side pad was not. I still need knee protection as I did end up with a 50c size RRash bleeder on my knee..

So Lindahl ~ How is the pedaling/movement with GForm Knee? What size did you end up with. I'm 6foot 210lbs and I have XL elbow pads. Just curious if you are similar in size.. I stil need to got to the LBS and try the fit for the knee but I'm thiking XL or L..
    Thanks
    Burt

mtbr member
    Cool..I'll have to make a trip out to the LBS that carrys them and try um on...
    Thanks again
    Ride MORE = Live Longer