mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Fox Ranger Glove Any good?

Is the Fox Ranger glove any good?

Fox Ranger Glove - Fox Racing

or is the 661 raji better?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Hmm, did this replace the INCLINE glove? I don't see that any more on their site, and the ranger looks like the same thing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    yeah..i think so..the thing thats holding me back are those small silicone bits on the fingertips..not sure if they will strip off like giro's in a few rides...raji's dont strip that fast..

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    any more opinions?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I've been using them over the last 8 months and they have held up well. Hands stay fairly cool and they provide good grip and dry fast. I rotate 3 pairs of gloves and these have held up well. I tried some Dakine Ventilator and they felt good but are starting to tear at the base of the palm from pulling them on.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I like Fox gloves because they fit me well and seem to last a long time. For XC, I like the Reflex Gel. The padding in the palms makes a difference on longer rides, silicone grippy stuff on the fingertips is good for the brake levers (especially in the rain) and the felt on the top/back of the thumb is awesome for wiping mud and snot off your face. I pick them up at REI when they're on sale for about $11/pair.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    TonyB, those gloves look nice but how do they fit at the thumb? The gloves I was had the stitching set so that it met at the inside of my thumb causing blisters. They went in the trash today.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrack View Post
    TonyB, those gloves look nice but how do they fit at the thumb? The gloves I was had the stitching set so that it met at the inside of my thumb causing blisters. They went in the trash today.

Ive not noticed any issues like that. Im not usually one to ever wear gloves because they get on my nerves but i forget im wearing these.

Redcoat
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB. View Post
    I like Fox gloves because they fit me well and seem to last a long time. For XC, I like the Reflex Gel. The padding in the palms makes a difference on longer rides, silicone grippy stuff on the fingertips is good for the brake levers (especially in the rain) and the felt on the top/back of the thumb is awesome for wiping mud and snot off your face. I pick them up at REI when they're on sale for about $11/pair.
    I use the same. awesome gloves i find. Have two pairs so i always have one dry for when the ones i wore the day before are wet through with sweat/mud/water.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Can't find them on sale now anywhere. All sold out for the season. Found them for $30 though.

mtbr member
    I like the Fox Dirtpaw. They are a bit hot for summer riding though.
    ​mountain biking is fun.