mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Fox Racing Titan Sport SS Jacket Upper Body Armor

Hi all,

Just started doing some DH on my all-mtn Rocky Mtn Slayer this year and it's addicting! I've been to Whistler and just tried out Sun Peaks last weekend and crashed pretty hard on a friggin steep blue trail (haven't tried a black yet). I was wearing a 661 FF, MACE knee/shin armor and POC elbow pads and gloves. Somehow I landed on my side and banged up my ribs and shoulder pretty bad (laughing and coughing hurts like hell lol). I doubt I'll ever do any big jumps, but I do love technical descents with lots of roots and rocks (fav trail was Gummy bear), so I just purchased a medium Fox Racing Titan Sport SS Jacket Upper Body Armor. Anyone have any experience with it? Is it fairly low profile so I don't look like a hockey player? I plan on wearing it under my jersey. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hey,

I have been using the the FOX Titan sport full jacket which I think is essentially the same just with different shoulder pads and sleeves. I do look like a hockey player with those extra pads so I think yours will be fine and should have a much more subtle profile. It has a good fit and protects well. I know this because I went off the edge of a bridge, over my handlebars landing backfirst on a rock, apart from some pathetic wheezing I was absolutley fine! The armour has taken plenty of smaller bumps and scrapes too, so I would definitley say its a good buy.

Enjoy using it!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Check out the Demon Hypervest X d30. My Father in Law wears it snowmobiling and it prevented a stick from puncturing his stomach. Front and back rib protection. As well as spin and shoulder.

Solid upper body armor.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Chexk out "COUGAR JACKET" on motohart.com. I ecently some of my gears from this store in best quality products.