mtbr member

Fox Launch vs Fox Launch Pro

Looking to get a new set of knee/shin pads. Noticed fox has the fox launch and the fox launch pro pads. The pro's seem to be constructed of a neoprene material. The price is the same as well. Just trying to figure out which set is better. All freeride trails in my area require a lot of pedaling on singletrack to get out to the stunts. Usually bike 15 miles per ride with xc, freeride, and downhill. Thanks for any insight!

Fox Launch:
    Fox Launch Knee/Shin Guards - Fox Racing

Fox Launch Pro:
    Fox Launch Pro Knee/Shin Guards - Fox Racing

mtbr member
    I ordered a pair of the "Sport" shin guards. Will let you know how they work for me once I get a chance to try them out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    The Launch Pro type of guards are much more comfortable if there is more pedaling involved, IMO.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Re: Fox Launch vs Fox Launch Pro

This is one of those purchases where I would honestly have to buy both and return or sell what I didn't like.

As much as I try to support my lbs ... online has advantages, and free shipping and returns are the best part.

I have a buddy who used to buy tv's... use them for 3 months then return them just before the 90 day mark and go buy something else... yes, terrible I know. And I have cheap friends!

I'm just saying, you never know what works best until you try them all. I will give you a better reply after mine are delivered. I'm gonna buy both of those and some troy Lee's just to compare.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I just ordered pro after reading every review out there , but am a little leery of the elbow pads as there weren't as well liked without the bottom strap ' NOT STAYING PUT WHILE RIDING AND IN FALLS" , some pics show the knee pad instead of elbow pad in advertisements as well then poor review as not as shown. i think if I don elbow pads I would want more forearm protection. I will give my opinion but have nothing to compare to.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    These are pretty similar to the Fox pads. I have the Kali knee pads, but not the elbows. A bit more forearm protection.
    http://kaliprotectives.com/moto/veda-soft-elbow-guard#