Pay no mind to us...

Fox Launch Pro Elbow Strap Wonkiness

I ordered a set of Fox Launch Pro elbow pads from Niagara Cycles via Amazon last week. I popped open the box and discovered that the set had a single strap and not 2 straps as various pictures show such as the product page at Amazon.com: FOX Launch Pro Knee Pad: Sports & Outdoors

This is an issue as I need two straps per arm to contain the guns of the navarone if you know what I'm sayin' (and I think you do).

It turns out that the distributor (Fox? QPB? someone else?) released a prototype image for this product that shows this item with two straps instead of what it actually comes with - single strap.

Since we are now in 2013 one could easily deduce that the Launch comes with 2 straps (Google and see what I'm talking about) but this isn't the case. If you are on the lookout for a dual strap elbow pad the Fox Launch isn't for you at this time.

Niagara Cycles customer support has been excellent while slogging through this issue.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Is having only one strap a problem?

Pay no mind to us...
    For me it was as I had the single strap Launch Pro for several months and didn't find it to work as well as say a 661 Rage elbow with two straps.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    silentG, I am looking at both the 661 rage and launch pro elbow pads.

So I take it you would recommend the 661 rage over the launch pro?

How did the sizing run for you in the sixsixone rage elbow pad?

Pay no mind to us...
    I liked the Fox but I like the rage better. I'm in a medium in the rage which is snug but comfortable. I'm 29mm above and below elbow. About 11.5 inch.

With a medium I have the straps at the point where they are barely on but the pad stays put and I don't really notice the pad at all.

Pay no mind to us...
    I'm 5.10 and 190 lbs geared up

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I have had the launch pros for a while. They get damaged easily and the velcro won't stay in place leaving me with ugly foam bracelets.

Pay no mind to us...
    nicely played on the ugly foam bracelets, heh

mtbr member
    May 2013
    In fairness to Fox, I also have the Launch Pro Kness with have been perfect. Funny story...You know how you grab a knee pad and, more often than not, it is for the wrong leg. Well, I got my new Launch pros and I could not believe what a run of knee pad luck I was having. Every time I went to put my left leg on I grabbed the left pad. I was thinking I should buy some lottery tickets till one day I looked at the pad on my right leg and realized it was also marked left. Turns out, i'm glad I saved the money on the lotto tickets.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Would the guy with the two right knees please step forward. I think we could work a deal.