Hisforever

FMB spot before and after pics(no lycra)

The spot has morphed since the last time it was posted here. the happy spot rides on...

we had a good ride on Sunday, nice and dry for the ups, just before the best part, the downs, the sky opened up. Instead of the tires being the normal 2.3's they became 3.3's.

The first pic is a day later, it was all FMB.

It was still beautiful and warm.

oh yeah, nice jerseys btw. It came with some malconnecting lines too but it rocks that way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jesus Saves

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Looks like there is no getting that front hub dirty. Money well spent for that bling.

What kind of stem is that? Looks to have a good rise to it.

Nice rig.

Lay off the Levers
    Sweet! Gotta love the gold hubs man.
    That looks like one happy,well riden bike. Cheers!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Hisforever
    funny you should mention the hubs staying clean. just prior to this ride, I replaced grinding, corroded bearings. After one wet ride they are contaminated again. Bummer, i thought these hubs should seal better. anyone else have any problems with hadley hubs?

poached the stem from my roomate. race face 70 x 15.

cheers
    Jesus Saves

No, that's not phonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAHEEB
    just prior to this ride, I replaced grinding, corroded bearings. After one wet ride they are contaminated again.
    How old are they? I have some DT Swiss 240 disc hubs which would be full of brown water after a heavy dew. The hub finally split at the flange. That further convinced me King was the only way to go. DT replaced it and I will build the new one up. I'm curious to see if the sealing is any better nowadays. I am also curious about Hadley. Even with the King price hike, I think their stuff is worth it imho if you have the coin.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Hisforever
    [QUOTE=tscheezy]How old are they?

I have had this wheelset for 7months now. I think that would translate to about 500 miles . Its the qr 9mm version, I am thinking I should have added some grease to the threaded seals to keep water out.
    Jesus Saves

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    I have some DT Swiss 240 disc hubs which would be full of brown water after a heavy dew.
    Interesting, my DT Onyx hubs from 2002 are rolling 'n rolling n' rolling despite all the mud and water I run them in. I open 'em every year to take a peek and regrease the body but the bearings are always as new.

Here's some recent abuse;

Went over the bar on that one as you might guess from the angle of the fork legs.

Here's the ride report if you want to see more where that came from, in Swedish but photos are international: http://tnt.happymtb.org/RR/2005/050828_Lunsen/
    Regards,
    /Tobbe - In Mud We Thrust / Carpe Diem