Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Five ten shoes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Five ten shoes.

I prefer to ride platforms when doing all mountain, or DH riding. I have heard really good things about fiveten shoes. I was just wondering which model shoes people have tried. I am looking at their mountain biking shoes, but actually what caught my attention was their daescent rock climbing shoe. They look like this...

If you look at the shoe it has a flat front made of really high friction rubber, this doesnt seem like a bad shoe at all for platforms. Although they do make mountain biking shoes that look more like this...

Let me know if you have any thoughts...especially if you have used fiveten shoes before!

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I haven't seen that shoe before. But if it's a rock climbing shoe, the sole may not be stiff enough for a bike shoe.

I have a couple variations of the Impact and they work great. I've heard others rave about the Basic too, should be a little lighter and less bulky than the Impact.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I use 5/10 Rennies. I like the Rennies because they are a mid top and it gives nice cushion around the ankles.

mtbr member
    5/10's are great. I have the mountain bike version and trail hiking version. Both great shoes.

Get the mountain bike specific version for biking. The climbing shoe lacks the stiffness of the bike shoe and looks like would be a compromise on hike a bikes (unless you are climbing with your bike I guess).

You will not likely regret the bike 5/10's.

mtbr member

5.10, the black chili of mtb shoes

You're already enlightened to 5.10s.
    Impacts are super-supportive and stiff. It's their first real mtb shoe. Some may find it too chunky.
    I've just switched over to the ba51c... For me, it flexes more, but I don't mind... I like feeling the pedal through the sole just a bit. I still use the impacts.
    I can't speak for their climbing shoes as mtb shoes. I dig my Huecos for the vertical, though.

I want to check out the Freerider.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    how about the sam hill 2's? anyone tried those? I think I might go for something like that.

mtbr member
    i think sam's shoes are just a different colorway than reg Impacts. great shoes. I've had mine abused for awhile and they're holding up great. The Marzocchi Bomber shoe (made by 5.10) look a little better if u can find 'em.

mtbr member
    I had my doubts when I felt the "stealth rubber" or whatever its called that it would stick like people said it does, but holy crap does it stick. I just started using Impact 2's and they are awesome. Clunky and kinda ugly, but they work great.

mtbr member
    Slightly left field this.

But there's companies will resole your existing shoes in Stealth rubber for about 1/3-1/2 the price of a pair of 5-10's. Looking on Stealth rubber's website will tell you who your nearest is.
    I've had it done on my Vans and it works a treat.

It's a thought if you like the shoes you already have or (like me) have feet that don't come in 5-10 friendly sizes.

mtbr member
    5.10 impacts are the ones most people use for biking - although a few use their climbing shoes with good results as well.

Interesting idea on the re-sole option. I dont find the 510s too expensive to begin with (under $100CDN). But I do have an old pair of vans that have a way better color scheme that I may look into that.....

EDIT - sweet, jsut checked out the resole option, there is a place 5 minutes walk from where I live that does it! Awesome suggestion F.T.S.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    if your gonna run a platform pedal NOTHING beats a pair of 5.10s! I have 2 seasons on mine(and i ride almost everyday as well as work trail crew in them) they are supportive grippy and man they protect you. i use the impact 2 low since i am on a budget but they are worth every penny i wont ride anything else for DH i like them so much i ride the 5.10s instead of clipless when i ride XC(i know clipless gives you more power) but I LOVE the 5.10s like i said they are worth every penny! i would skip the climbing shoes and get a pair of the biking ones.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I have been using the low rise impacts, they are great so I just picked up a pair of the california casuals BA51C nice and light great for xc and just kicking around the neighborhood.
    Last edited by synnie; 09-03-2009 at 09:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    What about wearing these shoes around town as well? (off the bike)

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade

But there's companies will resole your existing shoes in Stealth rubber for about 1/3-1/2 the price of a pair of 5-10's. Looking on Stealth rubber's website will tell you who your nearest is.

It's a thought if you like the shoes you already have or (like me) have feet that don't come in 5-10 friendly sizes.

Didnt know this. I have a favorite pair of Audio's that would make perfect candidates for re-soling. I like my Rennies, but having a second option is always good.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynnster
    What about wearing these shoes around town as well? (off the bike)
    Impacts are comfortable enough for all-around wear. Make great hiking shoes too.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    also check out the Karver which is the Impact low rise with ankle padding on the pedal side and the standard low cut on the outside. Not quite as good for hiking but better for biking , same exact Stealth sole as the std Impact of course
    oh and the Karvers are available in womens sizes and colors if you're into pink and purple
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 100% non stock 29 lbs
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

lotto baby
    i'm a rock climber - those shoes are what climbers (and maybe 5.10) call 'approach shoes'. they are really stiff. i would really recommend trying them on first. its not what you would expect.

rock shoes of these type have a very stiff toe box, and usually a really stiff midsole as well. this gives a climber the ability to stand on their toes much easier to toe in on smaller foot holds, but they are not boardlasted, so there is some flex to the shoes to make it more comfortable to hike up to a crag.

i have owned approach shoes and currently own a pair of the 5.10 freeriders - there's a difference between them, so i would go for the shoes designed for mtn biking personally.
    i spurt in the wind, and the wind drug it

..quite rightly

5-10 Impacts

I've been using the Sam Hill version for some time. Great shoe. No need for toe-clips with these. The sole looks like that one in the OP. They're great for hiking, too.

mtbr member
    Just bought a pair of the 5.10 freeriders. Am very happy with those. They fit well, feel good, grip well, etc.

Tried a pair of Karvers earlier in the summer. I had trouble with the edge of that velcro lace-guard catching on my cranks as I pedaled. That was annoying. The Karvers also felt loose on my foot and rather clunky. They did grip well though. I'll give 'em that.

IMHO, take a hard look at the Freerider model. I picked up my pair from Zappos.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick
    Just bought a pair of the 5.10 freeriders. Am very happy with those. They fit well, feel good, grip well, etc.

Tried a pair of Karvers earlier in the summer. I had trouble with the edge of that velcro lace-guard catching on my cranks as I pedaled. That was annoying. The Karvers also felt loose on my foot and rather clunky. They did grip well though. I'll give 'em that.

IMHO, take a hard look at the Freerider model. I picked up my pair from Zappos.
    I'm also eyeing the Freeriders for xc riding but worried they might be bulky like Vans skateboard shoes. How was it?

Mountain Lion Bait
    I have to pair of 5.10's. I use them for DH, AM, and riding my SS. They rock.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

5.10' are where it's as...apparently...

I've been thinking about making the switch from clipless to platforms recently, and in the research i've done the one thing that EVERYONE seems to agree upon is the use of 5.10 shoes. Everyone has a differnet platform pedal they use or prefer, but it seems like 99.9% use 5.10's....either the Impact or one of the other iterations of the Impact. Needless to say, i'm sold on the 5.10's, however i'm not a huge fan of the look of the Impact. Someone previously mentioned the Marzocchi Bomber shoe which is made by 5.10, has the same stealth rubber sole, but is a better looking shoe. It turns out, Jenson USA has them on close out right now...original MSRP was $129 and they're selling them for $89.99.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...mber+Shoe.aspx

Needless to say, I ordered some yesterday (in addition to a new full-face helmet, some knee/shins, and a set of Wellgo MG-1 platforms) which are supposed to get to me on the 9th. I'll be sure to post my thoughts and opinions sometime after that.
    Anyway, if you're looking into the 5.10's, check out the Bomber shoe as well...might float your boat better that the look of the 5.10 Impacts...

Alvin Caragay
    Hermosa Beach, CA

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by atchipmunk
    I've been thinking about making the switch from clipless to platforms recently, and in the research i've done the one thing that EVERYONE seems to agree upon is the use of 5.10 shoes. Everyone has a differnet platform pedal they use or prefer, but it seems like 99.9% use 5.10's....either the Impact or one of the other iterations of the Impact. Needless to say, i'm sold on the 5.10's, however i'm not a huge fan of the look of the Impact. Someone previously mentioned the Marzocchi Bomber shoe which is made by 5.10, has the same stealth rubber sole, but is a better looking shoe. It turns out, Jenson USA has them on close out right now...original MSRP was $129 and they're selling them for $89.99.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...mber+Shoe.aspx

Needless to say, I ordered some yesterday (in addition to a new full-face helmet, some knee/shins, and a set of Wellgo MG-1 platforms) which are supposed to get to me on the 9th. I'll be sure to post my thoughts and opinions sometime after that.
    Anyway, if you're looking into the 5.10's, check out the Bomber shoe as well...might float your boat better that the look of the 5.10 Impacts...

Alvin Caragay
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    cool thanks for the Jenson heads up! I wonder how they would work for xc type of riding, they seem a bit bulky. I'm looking at the Freriders right now but if this is not too bulky, I might go with this.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mantracker
    cool thanks for the Jenson heads up! I wonder how they would work for xc type of riding, they seem a bit bulky. I'm looking at the Freriders right now but if this is not too bulky, I might go with this.
    No Problem. When the shoes get here i'll take some pics and post them so you can see what they look like on, etc..for better judgement of their bulkiness...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    how do the low top 510 impacts work on all purpose riding like all mountain and xc?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I picked up a pair of freeriders a couple weeks ago and am really happy with them. I never want to ride with a normal skate shoe again. The soles are stiff for good power transfer. They are no more bulky then a standard nike sb shoe. You could wear them for casual wear and they would look totally normal. I run a superfoot insole in mine and they are $$. Everything I wanted in a bike specific shoe.
    Hunter

LDH
    mtbr member
    I got a pair of 5.10 basics which are very light, skinny and really hang onto the pedals.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lawnbike
    how do the low top 510 impacts work on all purpose riding like all mountain and xc?
    In a word, great. Only drawback is they're a little on the heavy side.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecklez
    Didnt know this. I have a favorite pair of Audio's that would make perfect candidates for re-soling. I like my Rennies, but having a second option is always good.

If you prefer a less expensive, slightly more ghetto approach then 5.10 also makes stealth paint on kids where you can add stealth rubber to anything. You could mess around with old shoes with a pretty low investment cost.

http://www.fiveten.com/catalog/produ...3cf4226a7ab702

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lawnbike
    They work great.

mtbr member
    Only problem I've found with 5.10 shoes is not being able to actually find them in stores to try on. Anyone know of a Orange County-LA area stores that stock them? I've gone through the dealer list on 5.10's website with no luck.

mtbr member
    If you have a size 7.5 you can find the 5.10 Impacts for $40 here:
    http://www.fiveten.com/catalog/produ...3cf4226a7ab702

Tim

[NEC] No Excuses Campaign
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sway?
    Only problem I've found with 5.10 shoes is not being able to actually find them in stores to try on. Anyone know of a Orange County-LA area stores that stock them? I've gone through the dealer list on 5.10's website with no luck.
    I've seen some limited styles out here in Corona at the Jenson store. You could call ahead and see what they have.
    [NEC] No Excuses Campaign
    Surly Pugsley
    Surly Pugsley Neck Romancer
    Surly CC
    Fatties Fit Fine

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Pics of my Marzocchi Bomber shoes...

Here's the pics as promised of my Marzocchi Bomber Shoes (made by 5.10). They have the same Stealth Rubber soles as the regular 5.10 Impacts...

They kinda look like a cross between a skate shoe and a hiking shoe and I don't find them too bulky. I haven't actually gone out for a trail ride in them yet, but in the little bit of putting around town using the Wellgo MG-1 platforms I bought too, they do feel pretty sticky on the pedals. Looking forward to a good ride in them...

Alvin Caragay
    Hermosa Beach, CA

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Here's the pics as promised of my Marzocchi Bomber Shoes (made by 5.10). They have the same Stealth Rubber soles as the regular 5.10 Impacts...

They kinda look like a cross between a skate shoe and a hiking shoe and I don't find them too bulky. I haven't actually gone out for a trail ride in them yet, but in the little bit of putting around town using the Wellgo MG-1 platforms I bought too, they do feel pretty sticky on the pedals. Looking forward to a good ride in them...

Alvin Caragay
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    coolness! appreciate the pics.
    how is the sizing? are they sized similar to your normal sneakers? does the touted "Stealth rubber" live up to the hype? sorry for all the questions. thanks.

btw, do you ride DH or XC?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mantracker
    coolness! appreciate the pics.
    how is the sizing? are they sized similar to your normal sneakers? does the touted "Stealth rubber" live up to the hype? sorry for all the questions. thanks.

btw, do you ride DH or XC?
    The sizing seems pretty true to size. I normally wear between a US 9.5 and 10...depending on the shoe. For these, I bought a 9.5 because there wasn't a 10 available at the sale price....hoping they would fit. The 9.5 is a perfect fit for me. I could probably get away with the 10, but the 9.5 heel cups fit my feet well and with a low top MTB shoe that is kinda important IMHO. Your mileage may vary...

As for the stealth rubber, it does feel pretty grippy on the pedals. I haven't actually taken them out for a trail ride yet, but I mounted up the Wellgo MG-1's (bought them at the same time along with a full face Giro Remedy...all on sale!) and brought my bike with me to work to tool around on during my lunch break. In that little bit of messing around the shoe/pedal combo did feel surprisingly grippy...moreso than I was expecting.

As for the type of riding I do, well, I actually took a LONG hiatus from riding till just recently. Been away from the sport for almost 9 years due to the increasing responsibilities of life. Back in the day I rode mainly XC type stuff because that's the type of trails that were available to me (was in MD at the time). Now, I'm kinda more interested in the AM, DH, and light FR type stuff...hence my interest in switching from clipless (started riding clipless with Shimano's first clipless MTB shoe) to platforms.

Anyway, hope this was helpful. Good luck with your decision. You'll probably be happy either way...with the 5.10 impacts, the freeriders, or the Marzocchi Bomber. They all feature the stealth rubber sole and that's what counts.

Alvin Caragay
    Hermosa Beach, CA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade

Just out of curiosity, do you think you might be able to post a pic of your resoled Vans? I was thinking about getting this done with a pair of my Shimano shoes (the non-SPD ones they make for flats). Love the shoe itself, but the sole gets torn up pretty easily by platform pins.
    so far reaching
    never lose that feeling

- swervedriver

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I love my 5.10 impacts. When I bought them, the store didn't have my normal size, so I tried upsizing a bit, hoping they wouldn't pack out too much. The lady working the store told me they stayed true to size, which was a comfort when I bought them, as I wasn't sure about the sizing. Sure enough, the shoes have stayed a perfect fit.
    They are the grippiest thing I've ever worn, and I generally wear them when I'm hiking or camping also.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    What about the Rennies? I know they look weird but wondering about the fit and feel (stiff, soft, heavy, walkable, hikeable).

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    What about the Rennies? I know they look weird but wondering about the fit and feel (stiff, soft, heavy, walkable, hikeable).
    here's a good deal from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-FIVE-TEN-NAT...#ht_669wt_1165

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Been reading up on the Impact 2 lowcuts.
    http://www.sicklines.com/reviews/fiveten_impact2low/
    How well do they work?

If you need traction, the 5.10 Stealth rubber is hard to beat. The rubber adheres really really well to pedals and if you’re used to clipless pedals, this will make the transfer to flat pedals a lot easier. Repositioning your feet can be a bit impossible at times, especially if you’ve got some good pedals. The Impact Low shoe feels good while on the bike and off it. The shoe fits around your feet quite snugly but do run a bit fat similar to a skate shoe.
    Where can the Impact 2 Low’s improve?

The 5.10 shoes are great at sticking to the pedals. The problem with them is that they might be construed as too sticky. If you’ve got a set of pedals that are built well, you’ll be stuck even more to the pedals. Moving your feet with these shoes when your feet are on the pedal might require you to remove your foot entirely off the pedal then reapply it. Trying to shift your feet with a good set of pedals and 5.10 shoes isn’t an easy task. If you’ve got bad ankles or like to freely move your feet about the pedals, these shoes might not be for you.

Additionally, while it is a good thing these pedals stick well, it can also be a detrimental when sticking your feet out around corners or brushing up close to rocks as these shoes can stick to these objects at inopportune times. I feel that the wrap around Stealth sticky rubber could be removed from the perimeter of the shoes and kept to the bottom of the shoe to help prevent any accidental sticking.
    Right now I have the Specialized Comp shoes and Shimano M324 dual purpose pedals.
    Still getting use to clipless since this is my first experience with them.
    I may try one of the 5.10s and flip the pedals over to ride, and if I like it well enough, I may take the clipless off and look for a better pedal than what came on the 2009 Rockhopper Pro.

The Impact, is it the best choice from 5.10 for running single track, fireroads, around town on bike trails, ect, or does 5.10 have another one that would be better?

The Netherlands

5.10 sizing help needed...

I'd like to order the FiveTen Freerider, however I find it hard to choose the right size.

I'm not worried about the width of my feet, but about the length of my feet. Measured, my footlength is 11.42 inch (= 29 centimeter). I'm leaning towards US-size 12 (EU-size 46).

FiveTen has a nice sizing chart. http://www.fiveten.com/sizing.html

When I look at the chart, their advice is a US-size 11 (EU-size 44,5), which would be the smallest size shoes I've had in ten years!
    What size would you guys recommend me? Some help would be really appreciated!

Cheers,

Maarten
    Last edited by Unwritten; 09-16-2009 at 01:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey52
    Been reading up on the Impact 2 lowcuts.
    http://www.sicklines.com/reviews/fiveten_impact2low/

Right now I have the Specialized Comp shoes and Shimano M324 dual purpose pedals.
    Still getting use to clipless since this is my first experience with them.
    I may try one of the 5.10s and flip the pedals over to ride, and if I like it well enough, I may take the clipless off and look for a better pedal than what came on the 2009 Rockhopper Pro.
    Before I went and bought platforms and the Marzocchi Bomber shoes (made by 5.10) I did a bunch of research on different forums and asked questions about switching to platforms (being a long-time clipless guy). Also asked about using a hybrid clipless pedal like the CB Mallets and was told that it was probably a bad idea...that the hybrid pedals won't give the same amount of grip as a proper platform pedal would with the 5.10's and that it might give me the wrong impression about using platforms. They suggested that I just go with a proper platform and the 5.10's which made sense to me.

Have done some more tooling around on the bike with the shoes and the platforms and it is pretty impressive how much grip these shoes have on the pedals. It's true...it isn't easy to rearrange your foot placement on the pedals, but to me that's a good thing. Once the shoe is on the pedal it feels like a pretty solid connection. There doesn't feel like there's a chance of them just slipping off and ending up in some shinburgers (not that I don't anticipate it happening at some point out on the trail...hence the purchase of some knee/shins). There were even a couple of times that I stopped, had one foot on the pavement, and when I lifted my other foot to pull it off the pedal the cranks freewheeled back up with my foot until it reached the top of it's rotation and the rubber released from the studs on the pedal. Almost felt as if the pins on the pedals had actually pierced the rubber and gotten lodged in there, but when I inspected the shoe there were no leftover marks, etc. Crazy.

Another interesting thing I noted was that when I walk around in these shoes, all kinds of stuff sticks to the bottom of them. I first noticed it when I stepped on a piece of paper and later noticed it was still stuck to the sole of my shoe. I pulled it off to check if there was actually something sticky on either my shoe or the paper and when I found nothing at all on either I proceeded to put the piece of paper down and again step on it. Interestingly, it stuck to the sole again and probably would have stayed there for a while if I didn't pull it off.

Anyway, I'm curious how the 5.10's would work with your hybrid pedals, but would probably agree with the recommendation to actually run some real platforms with adjustable studs, etc. Anyway, just my .02 cents...

Alvin Caragay
    Hermosa Beach, CA

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Good review Alvin.
    What platforms do you recommend if I ended up switching out the pedals later?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Good review Alvin.
    What platforms do you recommend if I ended up switching out the pedals later?
    Well, seeing as I don't have much seat time with these shoes and some proper platforms I don't think i'm the best source for recommendations on pedals. Here's a link to one of the threads I started over on STR: http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...ny-advice.html

There's lots of recommendations in that thread of platforms that people use. I ended up going with a cheaper platform (for now) because I wasn't 100% sure I was gonna like riding platforms. I figured i'd buy something cheaper then later maybe dump the coin on some nicer pedals once I was sure I wanted to stick with it (no pun intended).
    Anyway, I ended up buying Wellgo MG-1's on close-out at Jenson. So far I like it and will probably move up to some Straitlines at a later date. Hope this helps.

Alvin Caragay
    Hermosa Beach, CA

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks, those look pretty good.
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...Mag+Pedal.aspx

I did read that the soles of the stealth rubber shoes can get pin holes in them from the pins in pedals.
    Although those look more like allen bolts than a pin.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks, those look pretty good.
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...Mag+Pedal.aspx

I did read that the soles of the stealth rubber shoes can get pin holes in them from the pins in pedals.
    Although those look more like allen bolts than a pin.
    NP...yeah, they're Allen studs. The top edge of the threads on the Allen screws feel a little grabby from the sharper edge of the thread and seems like that adds to the grippiness of the shoe/pedal combo.

Also, I forgot to mention that I had heard of people having problems with their 5.10's grabbing stuff on tge trail as well...dragging shoes through turns etc. That seems very possible after the limited experience I've had with these shoes so far. Guess I'll find out once I take em for a real ride. It does seem that the rubber on the sides of the shoe could be done away with...don't really see what purpose it serves that leather reinforcement couldn't achieve. I mean, it's not like skate shoes where the side of the shoe is being used for ollies, etc...
    Last edited by atchipmunk; 09-14-2009 at 06:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Also, I forgot to mention that I had heard of people having problems with their 5.10's grabbing stuff on tge trail as well...dragging shoes through turns etc.
    I had to laugh for a minute there.
    As I was reading that I could see a rider picking up a 5' log or so with his foot while going around a berm

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I bought the 5.10 Impact lows for me and my son and could not be happier. Very very comfy, nice and supportive and protective and grippy. I really can't believe some are actually worried or concerned about the rubber on the side catching on things in the trail. Has not been a problem for us and personally I'll take the protection it offers over any worries about it. The shoes are a bit hot but I could really care less because they work so good and are so comfortable. The thick toung is really nice IMO.

Sizing...I called 5.10 about this and what they suggested to me was find anyplace that is carrying some of their shoes (does not have to be mtn. bike specific) and see what fits. It should carry over the the mtn. bike line as well. I found mine to run true to size. I measured 1 of my feet at just over 10.5 so I got the 11 and it was perfect.

As far as being "too grippy" here's what I did. I ordered some Straitline pedals http://www.straitlinecomponents.com/products/pedals.php which are just to die for but the supplied pins were to aggressive for my taste right off the bat. I ordered some short stainless steel set screws from McMaster Carr that just protrude out of the pedal maybe a few mm's at most and these have worked awesome. Shoes still stick great for me. This can be done on almost any pedal with the set screw setup. I think now I may be ready to try the more agressive pins supplied with the pedals. I also use the Six Six One Veggie shin guards which so far have been great.

For pricing you really need to surf the net for a good price. I was able to find ours for $83.95 with free shipping from Rock Creek (they actually were drop shipped directly from 5.10) which I thought was a great price for our common sizing.

Anyway, believe the hype, they are great shoes (or the Marzocchi clones).

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Those are some great looking pedals.
    If I switch later, I will get the black ones.
    Thanks for the review on the shoes too.

I am going to get out this Sunday for a nice ride with my Specialized Comp shoes and the clipless pedals, so I may decide then whether to take the plunge and get the 5.10s and pedals.
    I really like those pedals you got.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast