mtbr member
    Jan 2004

FF helmet sizing?

I wear a medium Giro E2 XC hemet and thought I would buy a Giro Mad Max online in a medium, same company & measurments. Well it is a little too tight. Now I need to find out if another brands medium is sized a little bigger - 661, Azonic , Bell etc. Anyone know which mediums run a little bigger ? None of my LBS's sell FF helmets or I wouldn't mess around. Thanx

I liked the old *****
    Jan 2004
    I don't have much info, but do know a Large Giro Havoc = X-Large 661 Full Comp. I initially went for the Giro Mad Max, but they didn't come in large. I'm really happy with the 661, and will get the carbon later this year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by keen
    I wear a medium Giro E2 XC hemet and thought I would buy a Giro Mad Max online in a medium, same company & measurments. Well it is a little too tight. Now I need to find out if another brands medium is sized a little bigger - 661, Azonic , Bell etc. Anyone know which mediums run a little bigger ? None of my LBS's sell FF helmets or I wouldn't mess around. Thanx
    If you are purchasing a helmet online I would recommend talking to the guys at Go-ride.

As for the initial question when I was trying on all sorts of FF helmets I did not notice as much size diff between brands, more how they fit different. Bell for example pinched the front/back of my head where the giro madmax did not.