mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Endura Team bib vs. Assos F1.Uno

These have a similar price. Assos is known for excellent quality, but is the top of the line Endura bib better quality for the same money? It definitely looks like it has been made with very high quality materials. The most expensive Assos bib is almost twice the money. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    I think you'd get better insight over on the roadbikereview boards.

I can't justify that expense for bibs, but people swear by their Assos.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottoturbo View Post
    These have a similar price. Assos is known for excellent quality, but is the top of the line Endura bib better quality for the same money? It definitely looks like it has been made with very high quality materials. The most expensive Assos bib is almost twice the money. Any thoughts?
    I have not tried the Endura you mention but I wear Assos F1 Uno on my road bike and it is the very best bibshort I have ever worn, especially on rides of 60 to 100 miles. I also wear bibs beneath my regular shorts when mountain biking but can get be with those costing less there because I seldom exceed 30-40 miles on the trail in a day.

If you buy a pair go one size larger than usual. In Pearl Izumi Pro I wear size Large versus X-Large in Assos for the same fit.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I dont have any experience with assos or endura bibs but if youre willing to spend that kind of money you might want to check out the rapha bibshorts.

I believe they use the same chamois as the higher end assos bibs.

mtbr member
    I've not worn Endura bib's, but I have used a bunch of high end road bibs from Assos, Castelli, Craft, etc... For me (6' 180lbs, 34" waist) Assos Uno is the best fit with a fantastic chamois.

Having tried all 3 Assos styles (Uno, Mille, 13), I prefer the Uno. (The 13 felt too compressive for my taste, the Mille possibly had a better pad, but felt a little less stretchy) I'm bucking the trend here as most people seem to think that the Mille is the pinacle of comfort.

Assos do not use the same chamois pads in the Uno, Mille and 13 models (thought the Uno and Mille pads are quite similar).

I'm not inferring that Endura bibs are inferior, just that I don't have experience with them.
    "...DirtBaggies may also be the best baggy mountain bike shorts on the market." Velonews - Click to check out other reviews.