mtbr member

Does anyone have these?

Hi, i am in the market for a new pair of biking shorts and i have been looking at the Royal Racing Blast shorts. Does anyone here have these shorts? There are no good reviews for these. I am interested in knowing how comfortable they are and how padded they are. Do they have a padded crotch? The seems doesn't converge in the crotch does it? I have had ones like that and it sucks.

I know that is a lot of questions but i don't want to get these and find out they hurt after 15 miles. Thanks to all!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I own about 8 pair of top brand name MTB shorts. I never could be satisfied with any of them. Then I found a pair of Zoic's that I use everytime I ride now except when they are in the wash. They're very comfortable. The chamois that came with them fits great. The pockets are are functional (MP3 slits, waterproof zippers, etc.) The material sheds water like a duck. Great shorts. Found them on sale.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

Huffy Rider
    ^^^^^Great, but are there seams in the crotch area? I am also trying to find some shorts with NO SEAMS in the crotch area. ANYONE? I don't care about a pad cause I wear my pearls underneath anyways.

mtbr member
    Ok, so i decided against the blast shorts as they have no padding. So i looked at your aggression but everywhere is out of them. I am now trying to find a different pair with removable lining hopefully.

mtbr member
    +2 on the Zoic's. I have a pair and they are great. The chamois is good. I got tired of trying to figure out which shorts to get,so I just get whatever baggy shorts the local dept. store has on sale and use my Pearl Izumi liners in them. I really can't tell a difference.
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Which style of zoic?

insert blank disk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by moldau94 View Post
    Which style of zoic?
    Zoic Ethers
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NC-Biker View Post
    Ya, those are the ones I have. When I first pulled them off the rack I was skeptical about the velcro straps. I already had a pair of Fox shorts that have velcro adjustments on the side. They no longer function well after multiple washings. The Zoic's have held up great after 100 washes.
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

Huffy Rider
    So do they have seams in the crotch or not?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motochick View Post
    So do they have seams in the crotch or not?
    In their own words "Fusion inseam gusset provides superior range of motion and eliminates seat hang-ups", so they are not conventional sewn seams but the material is fused together to be less noticable. Not sure why you care so much about crotch seams, since these shorts (as most MTB shorts) come with a removable chamois liner.
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by motochick View Post
    ^^^^^Great, but are there seams in the crotch area? I am also trying to find some shorts with NO SEAMS in the crotch area. ANYONE? I don't care about a pad cause I wear my pearls underneath anyways.
    The Mrs went through about 1/2 dzn different shorts and ultimately decided she wanted minimal if not zero convergence of material panels down south. After fashion parading for what seemed like forever, she finally settled on some Endura Singletrack Ladies Shorts and hasn't looked back since. Hopefully you will find solace in them too:

Double seat and seam-free inner crotch panel :

Endura Singletrack Ladies Shorts | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

mtbr member
    Here are the Zoic Ethers at Tree Fort for $45.95

mtbr member
    I have been looking at the ethers. They seem just about right for me.

Huffy Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarguy View Post
    Not sure why you care so much about crotch seams, since these shorts (as most MTB shorts) come with a removable chamois liner.
    Even with padded undershorts, ANY seam will cause irritation on me. I guess girl parts are different then boy parts in that reguard! I called Rockgardn and they seem to know what is up, their shorts have no crotch seams...YAY!

Thanx cromag, I will check the Endura's out, too.

Huffy Rider
    Just checked out some Zoics in person.....the inner padded shorts have seams. FYI.