mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Do you throw your Endura pants in a dryer?

So I'm really loving my Endura Singletrack II pants but the directions and contacting Endura say that they shouldn't be thrown in a dryer and should be air dried. I also think they want you to hand wash it.

I like to wash my gear after every ride. I'm using the washer on the Delicate setting with cold water. Then I throw them in the dryer on the Delicate setting. I've tried air dry but that takes 4 cycles and it's still damp.

I'm wondering if anyone else went agains the directions and has done the same with their pants/shorts? Has the gear latested for a while for you or have you noticed some issues with elastics/material?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do you throw your Endura pants in a dryer?-3se0a5.jpg  

mtbr member
    I too wash my gear after every ride...

However, you've just got to air dry em. I hang dry ALL of my garments. Dryers destroy sh**.

I wash all of my jerseys, riding shorts, tights, chamois, everything on delicate and hang dry it. I'll put a hanger up in the ceiling vents of my house where the heater blows out warm air, and by morning they're completely dry.

You spend a lot of money on gear, why destroy it ?

Some of my garments are 2-5 years old, and still look absolutely brand new.
    Rigs:
    Specialized Rockhopper HT
    Trek 6500 HT
    Trek 3700 Disc HT (The son's)

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by norcom View Post
    So I'm really loving my Endura Singletrack II pants but the directions and contacting Endura say that they shouldn't be thrown in a dryer and should be air dried. I also think they want you to hand wash it.

I like to wash my gear after every ride. I'm using the washer on the Delicate setting with cold water. Then I throw them in the dryer on the Delicate setting. I've tried air dry but that takes 4 cycles and it's still damp.

I'm wondering if anyone else went agains the directions and has done the same with their pants/shorts? Has the gear latested for a while for you or have you noticed some issues with elastics/material?

Thanks!
    Roll the wet pants in a towel, remove and hang to air dry. If they will not dry soon enough for your next ride, get a second pair.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common