Results 1 to 38 of 38
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC-Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226

    DC shoes for MTB?

    Was looking into getting some Five Ten,but a friend told me he wore DC and they did really well for the price. I just want to get a few more opinions,before I drive an hour away to a dealer. LMK
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

  2. #2
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    I run DVS, same thing as DC. Make sure they are soft rubber as this will help with grip. No problems as well and for 50$ I can get two pairs.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC-Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I run DVS, same thing as DC. Make sure they are soft rubber as this will help with grip. No problems as well and for 50$ I can get two pairs.
    Exactly what he said,two for the price of one. He said they had a sticky rubber sole. DC Graffik I believe is what they are.
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    53
    Most skate shoes have soft rubber soles. Pretty much all I've ever ridden in. They work great

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC-Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by JFA*SC View Post
    Most skate shoes have soft rubber soles. Pretty much all I've ever ridden in. They work great
    Excellent. Will they be stiff enough?
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jetta_mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    484
    I was sold on using skate shoes until I got my Teva Links. The stiff shoe really does wonders while climbing.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 53119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,272
    hey op- if you're lookin for stiffer than standard skate shoes but want a skatestyle I always mention Vans' Gravel shoe (5.10pricing, though). It's their flat pedal shoe with their own "sticky" stiffer sole. compared to my fivetens they aren't on the same level. they probably can compare to the Teva. I like 'em for shorter rides and jumping cause its easier to move than fiveten impacts and they are VERY light.

    full on skate shoe that i use to skate and ride are Vans Wileys like the old Rowleys. 40bucks vans store closeout with a buy 2nd shoe @ 1/2 price! winner winner chkn dinner

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC-Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by 53119 View Post
    hey op- if you're lookin for stiffer than standard skate shoes but want a skatestyle I always mention Vans' Gravel shoe (5.10pricing, though). It's their flat pedal shoe with their own "sticky" stiffer sole. compared to my fivetens they aren't on the same level. they probably can compare to the Teva. I like 'em for shorter rides and jumping cause its easier to move than fiveten impacts and they are VERY light.

    full on skate shoe that i use to skate and ride are Vans Wileys like the old Rowleys. 40bucks vans store closeout with a buy 2nd shoe @ 1/2 price! winner winner chkn dinner
    Not sure if I need stiffer than standard. In the few months I got to ride,I just wore my sneakers. I could feel the pedal underneath too much it kind of made my feet hurt.
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC-Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226
    Think I have decided to go with the DC and get some new pedals.Should be an upgrade from my previous setup with the stock pedals and my sneakers.
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC-Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226
    Change that. Buddy had a code for the Sam Hill 2 at HnR and I got them for a good deal. We will see what happens with the new pedals.
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

  11. #11
    keeptrollintrollintrollin
    Reputation: codyh12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    296
    And the code is???

  12. #12
    "2 Wycked"
    Reputation: crazy03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    986
    DC shoes, IMO work great for mountain biking. I've used Vans and recently bought Shimano SPDs, took those damn things off after about 3 weeks and now I strictly use DC's.
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC-Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by codyh12345 View Post
    And the code is???
    4KW-1-YH1QZ Saves 15% off. I got a few other things,so it saved me around $45. Not sure if it was a one time use or not.
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC-Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy03 View Post
    DC shoes, IMO work great for mountain biking. I've used Vans and recently bought Shimano SPDs, took those damn things off after about 3 weeks and now I strictly use DC's.
    What do you think about the soles? Are they stiff enough for the pedals? I was wondering if they would be too much flex under the feet. Which ones do you wear?
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

  15. #15
    "2 Wycked"
    Reputation: crazy03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by NC-Biker View Post
    What do you think about the soles? Are they stiff enough for the pedals? I was wondering if they would be too much flex under the feet. Which ones do you wear?
    I'm not sure of the model but they're grey, low top and made of suede. They are plenty stiff enough for my liking. That was the problem with the Vans, the sole was way too flexy. When I get home from work ill post up a pic of the DC's
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC-Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy03 View Post
    I'm not sure of the model but they're grey, low top and made of suede. They are plenty stiff enough for my liking. That was the problem with the Vans, the sole was way too flexy. When I get home from work ill post up a pic of the DC's
    Sounds good.Thanks
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    40
    Any skate shoes with waffle soles.

    I believe that's why they made them for BMX'ers?

  18. #18
    "2 Wycked"
    Reputation: crazy03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy03 View Post
    I'm not sure of the model but they're grey, low top and made of suede. They are plenty stiff enough for my liking. That was the problem with the Vans, the sole was way too flexy. When I get home from work ill post up a pic of the DC's
    I got this image from Google Images, but these are the exact ones I have.
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    249
    Airwalk's are even cheaper for $25 a pair

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC-Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy03 View Post
    I got this image from Google Images, but these are the exact ones I have.
    I like that color. Going to see if I can find out the model of them.Thanks
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

  21. #21
    "2 Wycked"
    Reputation: crazy03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by NC-Biker View Post
    I like that color. Going to see if I can find out the model of them.Thanks
    Anytime, glad I can help.
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by discombobulated_conundrum View Post
    Airwalk's are even cheaper for $25 a pair
    Airwalks I found to disintegrate faster.

  23. #23
    adrenalin fiend
    Reputation: Mr.Crowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    35
    I just got the DC frenzy and they are stiff and sticky no pedal slips yet while hopping or gaping anything. and they have a really nice heel support incase you have to do a foot slap to avoid and uber fail.
    Carpe Diem because you would be cooler if you did.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XC-Trail-Man24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I run DVS, same thing as DC. Make sure they are soft rubber as this will help with grip. No problems as well and for 50$ I can get two pairs.
    I had some DVS shoes when I was a skater- walking torn them up more than skating or biking ever did!
    Technically I don't what kind-of riding I do- I just know I ride hard!

  25. #25
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by XC-Trail-Man24 View Post
    I had some DVS shoes when I was a skater- walking torn them up more than skating or biking ever did!
    Yeah I noticed that too. Actually, I'm in the need for some new shoes and those DC frenzy's look nice. Edit. For that price on those frenzy's, I'll just go with some 5.10's or Teva's.
    Last edited by Hutch3637; 03-10-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wsmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    542
    My skaters are Emerica Reynolds 3 and they didnt work for me mtb'ing. The Links have been my favorite biking shoe now since last Oct when I got them. I started a thread About the Links and the Urge Archi helmet. I recently put up a pic of the soles of my Links to show how they are getting chewed up pretty good with my Answer Rove flats. The links are a little stiff... less so from the ball of the foot forward.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC-Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226
    Got the Sam Hill 2 today and they are pretty nice. I knew they were a little big,but they are bigger than I thought.Have to see what happens when I use them this week.
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XC-Trail-Man24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    88
    IMO the pair of GLOBES I had were the most tacky and comfortable.. only problem is the all suede design-talk about a foot sauna!!!!!

    For those that don't want the weight and width of traditional Skate/BMX-these are somewhere in between Old School VANS and DC.
    Technically I don't what kind-of riding I do- I just know I ride hard!

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: absoluteczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    421
    just got these in grey


  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC-Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
    just got these in grey

    Looks good. What's the model?
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: absoluteczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by NC-Biker View Post
    Looks good. What's the model?
    got em from amazon 38 bucks. called DC bristol Amazon.com: DC Men's Bristol Action Sports Shoe: Shoes

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC-Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
    got em from amazon 38 bucks. called DC bristol Amazon.com: DC Men's Bristol Action Sports Shoe: Shoes
    Thanks.
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

  33. #33
    adrenalin fiend
    Reputation: Mr.Crowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Yeah I noticed that too. Actually, I'm in the need for some new shoes and those DC frenzy's look nice. Edit. For that price on those frenzy's, I'll just go with some 5.10's or Teva's.
    Yeah I bought them on sale for 60 so didn't realize they were 90 buy they do have some rad colors including the new Travis P shoe

    Price aside they have been excellent the past few days for riding to class not to heavy or clunky and no pedal slips in the rain which is always a plus.
    Carpe Diem because you would be cooler if you did.

  34. #34
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Crowe View Post
    Yeah I bought them on sale for 60 so didn't realize they were 90 buy they do have some rad colors including the new Travis P shoe

    Price aside they have been excellent the past few days for riding to class not to heavy or clunky and no pedal slips in the rain which is always a plus.
    Yeah, for 60$ those would be a good pick up. I did bite the bullet and ordered these.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC-Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    226
    Got to try out the Sam Hill shoes today with some HT pedals I got from a guy and they did really well. I would just slide my foot previously to adjust where I wanted them to be,but now I actually have to lift them up. They have a really nice grip. Seem a little bulky to me,but I think I will be ok with them. Walking around in them, are comfortable also.
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

  36. #36
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by NC-Biker View Post
    Got to try out the Sam Hill shoes today with some HT pedals I got from a guy and they did really well. I would just slide my foot previously to adjust where I wanted them to be,but now I actually have to lift them up. They have a really nice grip. Seem a little bulky to me,but I think I will be ok with them. Walking around in them, are comfortable also.
    That's good to hear.

    UPS just stopped by! The Teva's with the new pedals (VP Vice) wow
    That is a nice set up. I was blown away with the grip from both. The shoes are light and comfortable too.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8
    I'm wearing Teva Links now and they are great rode half of last season with them and still in perfect condition. Once trashed the material cleans super easy just spray off. Stiffer sole make them great when climbing and the sole has super sticky rubber. Rode when raining and in muddy trails and you never slip the pedals.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    39
    Any thoughts on these DC shoes?

    Amazon.com: DC Men's Pure Action Sports Shoe: DC SHOE CO USA: Shoes

    I found a good deal on them and like them but would look to hear some input on whether they would be a good buy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •