mtbr member

Dainese oak pro?

Anybody have any experience with the dainese oak pro knee pads? Need some new pads and am torn between these and the new poc vpd 2.0 longs. The boa system seems like a pretty cool addition with the dainese.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    What did you end up with?

mtbr member

Re: Dainese oak pro?

Poc and they have been great. There wasnt enough info available on the dainese. I did find a review of them recently though and i guess they bunch up and pinch. The next version of the dainese will be worth looking into if they reconcile this though because i am a believer in the boa system.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

beater

Dainese oak pro?

I posted a some thoughts in this thread last summer, and a follow-up a week or so ago:

Dianese Oak Pro Aluminum Knee and Elbow Guards

I think in this application, the BOA system is a bit of a gimmick. You don't get the benefits of the system the way you do with footwear.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    I have the POC 2.0 Long knee pads. I've only had one occasion to test them (knocking on wood), and knee/shin was completely unaffected.
    That said, they are quite warm...no, let me re-state, they are HOT. I believe the main reason is that two layers of fabric cover the back of the knee, where some mfg. pads have the back of the knee completely open (TLD). By the materials nature they are stiff until they warm up, which happens pretty fast, and then they're comfortable. You might want to put them on at home before the drive to the trail.
    They do fit pretty snug, so if you're between sizes, you might try the larger size.
    Again, I think they offer very good protection if you can get past the warmth.

beater
    The POCs have a following here, and I really like long kneepads for the additional shin protection. That said, the next time I'm in the market for some, I'm going to take a look at the RaceFace Ambush knees. I like what I've been reading.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.