mtbr member

Dainese Impact Armor or Gladiator EVO

I am looking to get some Dainese upper chest protective gear for DH racing and was wondering if anybody has had any experience with either of these products. They are both the same price so now its just up to which product seems to be better. The Impact Armor seems to have harder protection on the chest, but leaves a small gap where the zipper is and doesn't protect the sternum. It also doesn't have the lower arm guards, or protection over the scapula/shoulder blade area where the Gladiator EVO does. If anybody has any insight into either of these it would be much appreciated.

mtbr member
    The Impact jacket also has lower arm protection, you are looking at the wrong model (Impact "core saver" maybe?).
    The Impact has the same plastic covered aluminum honeycomb material on the chest as in the spine protector. It is a little bulky and if you crunch down in a shuttle it moves up and "cuts" in your throat. No problem during riding though. I only had older Gladiators before the Impact, so I can't really compare to a current model. But I really like mine.

Hope this helps.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    just got my 2nd glad bag after 10 flawless years in the 1st. cant see wearin much else. nuff said. anyone want a deal on my old jacket? pm's with a email addy welcome.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantil3v3r
    I am looking to get some Dainese upper chest protective gear for DH racing and was wondering if anybody has had any experience with either of these products. They are both the same price so now its just up to which product seems to be better. The Impact Armor seems to have harder protection on the chest, but leaves a small gap where the zipper is and doesn't protect the sternum. It also doesn't have the lower arm guards, or protection over the scapula/shoulder blade area where the Gladiator EVO does. If anybody has any insight into either of these it would be much appreciated.
    I just picked up the Evo.... Fits like a glove and only $125 from wiggle. Add a tire or some grips to get it to $150 and you get free shipping. Oh, and it made it to my house in Oregon in 5 days. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Da...et/5360028792/

mtbr member
    I saw that both of them on Wiggle are a sick price...and I was actually planning on getting one through them. I know my suit/chest size is usually 42" and on Wiggle.com it has me in an XL. Tried to check on Dainese.com to see if they had a sizing chart but I couldn't find one. Any chance you are a comperable size and are enjoying the fit of the Large? All of my other shirts, sweatshirts are Large or Medium...so its hard to think that I would be an XL. Plus I don't want this thing to be loose either.

mtbr member
    No matter now..just bit the bullit and picked up a large and some much needed new ruffian grips.

Petty and weak
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantil3v3r
    No matter now..just bit the bullit and picked up a large and some much needed new ruffian grips.
    I have the Dainese Pro Air jacket and it is awesome! Let us know how it goeth...
    ~ Downride and Freehill, nothing else ~

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I have a large evo I wore 4 times I would sell for $150.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    I actually got a brand new one, plus a pair of ODI lock ons for $145 shipped so I appreciate the offer but I should be all set.

is busy bein' rad.
    I have an XL Dainese Impact Race I'll part with for $100 shipped.