mtbr member

Cracked SPD Shoes Soles

The sole of my shoe has cracked and split on the plastic/carbon part. I think the only thing holding it in place is the rubber sole. It's ok but sometimes pops out and I have to put it back in. And it feels loose which is annoying and could even be dangerous because it's slow to pop out of the pedal.

Has anyone fixed something like this? I was thinking of using epoxy. But not sure if it'll bond well enough. any opinions feedback appreciated.

Cheers, Matt

Shoes are DIADORA Hiker type.

Riding free's the mind
    Jan 2004

Suggestion

No fix, you need new shoes- too much weight/torque/pressure down there for any king of epoxy or super glue to fix.

I suggest NOT getting another pair of Diadora's, I've had similar problems of cracking near the cleat and had the SPD nut inside crack as well. I had the Diadora Gecko's, would not buy them again.

Very happy with my Shimano 120's, curious about the new Pearl Izumi shoes and probably can't go wrong with Sidi's. If you can, get away from the hiker style- they weigh more and not as stiff as the racing style - if that matter to you.
    [SIZE=2]Question to a custom frame builder..."So what makes your bikes climb better?"....his answer, "Uh, your legs?"[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fatmat71
    The sole of my shoe has cracked and split on the plastic/carbon part. I think the only thing holding it in place is the rubber sole. It's ok but sometimes pops out and I have to put it back in. And it feels loose which is annoying and could even be dangerous because it's slow to pop out of the pedal.

Has anyone fixed something like this? I was thinking of using epoxy. But not sure if it'll bond well enough. any opinions feedback appreciated.

Cheers, Matt

Shoes are DIADORA Hiker type.
    How old are they? most shoe companies give a 1 year warranty. If it's outside of that than you are SOL and should definitely replace them.
    My training BLOG

training BLOG for a regular joe Married w/ children, Full time Job, No Genetic talent, wanna-be mountain bike racer

Morris Training Primer