Anytime. Anywhere.

Club Ride Jersey Materiel?

If you have one of their shirt style jerseys can you check the tag and post the fabric details. I like em but I'm going to look for something non bike specific and substantially cheaper. Thanks.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    87% polyester
    13% lycra

Not my favorite jersey even at 50% off. Very heavy, retains moisture almost like cotton on hot long rides. With a hydration pack it's a swamp back there. My other poly/lycra cheapy shirts are no worse, in fact may breathe better with a pack, but I don't feel remorse since it was a $15 item instead of a $$$$ Club Ride.

Competent User

Club Ride Jersey Materiel?

I bought the reviews and paid full price. It looks cool, but like the guy just said, it doesn't shed the moisture. I wore that on a high humidity day and it was like having a wet garbage bag on me.

ready to ride
    Not what I was hoping to read. Looking at the design it almost looks like Columbia PFG. Granted those shirts can hold sweat too but that actually keeps you cool of you are baking in the sun on a boat.

What about in cooler weather say under 60? Of course if it's not wicking and evaporating that would be even worse.

I guess I will keep looking.
    Sent via my heady vibes from the heart of Pisgahstan

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Under 60d....I'm usually wearing a wicking sleeveless baselayer from Craft so anything feels comfy and nice. The Club Ride has nice pockets and can be worn off the bike. All good traits. Otherwise it's just an expensive heavy trail riding shirt that retains moisture like no other.

ready to ride
    I guess I will find out myself. REI has them on close out and with my member 20% off I got it for over half off. If it truly sucks for me I will return it.

Truth be told most of my gear gets pretty soaked. Granted some wicks and dries better than others.

I will put it through its paces on my local trails in WNC, and will be riding some trail centers in Scotland weekend after next. The weather will likely be around 50 and wet. Depending on how it fares at home will determine if I wear it in marginal conditions. Will probably fall back to quick dry polyester tshirt a merino wool base layer and if it's pissing a merino wool sweater.

Either way I will report back.

ready to ride
    I said I'd report back so here it is. I actually thought it I'd well. I was riding in probably low 60s with humidity around 80%. I sweated profusely. The jersey never felt uncomfortable or clingy even with a pack on. Sweat seemed to evaporate well. I could tell because if I stopped and took my pack off my back would get a bit cold. I'm pretty sure this was partially due to cooling via evaporation. Which is a good thing. What helped me surmise that it was cooling be evaporation is that I had a decent downhill back to the car. By time I got the bike loaded up and ready to change the shirt was virtually dry.

I will admit. I was obviously not riding in the warmest of weather. So maybe it doesn't do well in high temps and high humidity but so far so good.

beater
    I'm surprised to read 'heavy' used as a description. I have a couple, and they're pretty lightweight compared to other synthetic jerseys I have. My complaint is that they develop the funk typical of synthetic fabrics, which makes it a little less pleasant to hang out in the taproom afterwards. I'd love to have a merino version, but my wallet cringes at the idea. Like mattnmtns, I got one of mine on sale at REI in combination with a rebate, and the other I bought directly from them at Outerbike (50% off). They dry pretty well in my experience, but I'm in a semi-arid climate. They also have mesh panels on the side, so they breath pretty well.

I've debated just wandering through the local Murdoch's ranch supply and seeing what they have for cheap western shirts. I can't go back to wearing 3/4 sleeve jerseys in summer again.

Honestly, one of my favorite shirts is a Cloudveil fly fishing shirt made with stretch-woven softshell fabric (their own, unfortunately, after they moved away from Schoeller). The fabric is jacket-weight, so it's not light, but it's one of my favorite pieces of gear. It's an ugly light green, and isn't all that flattering, but it's comfortable in rain or shine, in temps from the 50s to the 90s. I floated the Grand Canyon a few years ago and wore it pretty much every day. It works great for big mountain rides, too.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

Delirious Tuck
    I've had good luck with 4 of them, CT has hot and humid summers, or at least humid in the woods where moisture is trapped and then super heated by the canopy and they're no better or worse than my other tech fabrics.

Get them not at retail or else I'd probably notice nits and complaints quicker...

ready to ride
    Just got back from a 15 mile ride wearing mine. Temps where in the high 70s. Not as humid as it usually is. Again it performed well. I left my backpack bladder at home. Had enough room to carry my multi tool along with some other odds and ins, a cliff bar, my keys and a tube. Still had some room to spare.

I can see where wearing a pack might not be optimal with the straps sealing of some of the mesh areas. I got pretty sweaty. I will say it felt a little clingy on the lower back with all the weight I had in it but to be fair I think anything would have. I certainly wouldn't compare to wearing a wet plastic bag. Dried well to. Still wearing it.

No regrets buying it. Though retail is a bit steep. Hell I barley get up into that price range buying Nice Brooks Brothers dress shirts for work.

Resident Gear Head
    I wear a fitted Under Armour shirt under my Club Ride Vibe button up jersey and I love it. Don't know where everyone is getting the complaints about it being heavy or sweaty. When Im done with my ride I take off the under armour, button up the jersey, and ride home like a boss. 80$ is spendy for a jersey but I like it a lot

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    2 Hands Working Do More Than 1000 Hands Praying