mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Clipless shoes wide than Pearl Izumis for less than $200

I've been wearing the Pearl Izumi Race clipless shoes in size 48, and my forefoot needs more space, width-wise. A little bit less arch support would be comfortable, too. Length-wise, I have plenty of space, and my heel is snug.

I read that the SIDI Mega series is wide, but they are pricey.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I have shimano M087s and took wooden widen shoes that pushed the sidewalks abit and now I have good room for my wide feet.

mtbr member
    Lake offers wide sizes on some models:
    ::: LAKE CYCLING :::

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I really like my megas. I have a wide forefoot and its the only shoe that works for me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I tried on some Diadora Aerospeed 2 road shoes and found them fairly comfortable, anyone have luck with Diadora mtb shoes and wide feet?

In over my head

duckfeet

Hey Chemical_Brother;

Man, you're preaching to the choir on this thread, maybe I can help.
    I've got size 9, 6E width feet. It's almost impossible to buy shoes for anything that fit (thank god for Zappos!).

Anyway, I have SIDI Megas for my road and mtb shoes. Yep, they are a bit spendy (>$200), but they're really well made and last. The faux leather is really form-fitting and comfortable. The soles are rock-solid rigid, with hardly any flex on the pedal.

These are about 4 years old, and still have at least another 2 years in 'em. My only complaint is that these treads aren't made for walking out of the pedals, like many other mtb shoes.

Lemme know if this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clipless shoes wide than Pearl Izumis for less than 0-sidi.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'm a 3e width and always found the specialized shoes to fit really well. Their standard mtbr shoe is only $100 too.