mtbr member

chrome shoes anyone?????

I just came across chrome spd shoes on zappos. The ratings look pretty bright for this shoe. Has anyone had any experiences with this shoe? I have not been a fan of the 5 ten spd shoes and the way they fit. I have some CB 3 candy pedals and this is my first go around on clipless.

Chrome Kursk Pro Grey - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
    Never settle! There is always a BETTER somewhere. Go find it and shred it!

mtbr member
    They defiantly look nice. Clipless shoes are supposed to fit fairly snug. You want your feet to feel like an extension of the pedal ..
    If your not opposed to buying things twice id say go for it. Other wise go around town and try shoes on, then buy em online.
    OR If you hike a bike alot or don't want to carry an extra pair of normal shoes, then go for these.

re member
    Show of hands...who was expecting this from reading the thread title?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Show of hands...who was expecting this from reading the thread title?
    lol i was expecting more than that. like this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chrome shoes anyone?????-chromeshoes.jpg  

mtbr member
    The uppers on the Chrome Kursk are canvas and not very supportive. These are more of a commuting/bar pedaling shoe. I've seen the uppers shredded with serious damage to the foot from a not-so-significant tumble.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I have a pair of mid chromes. While they do have a pretty firm sole the tops are exactly like converse shoes(floppy). I use them for my fixed gear town bike but I don't think they would work well on a mountain bike.

mtbr member

Chrome Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by kazkut View Post
    lol i was expecting more than that. like this...
    That's what I expected to see tooooooo
    2013 Specialized Carbon Camber Pro 29er (Warranty frame and other stuff round two)
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Curto View Post
    I have a pair of mid chromes. While they do have a pretty firm sole the tops are exactly like converse shoes(floppy). I use them for my fixed gear town bike but I don't think they would work well on a mountain bike.
    Me too, chrome miday pro's for ridin around town. Be careful when ordering your size, as all the reviews say to order 1/2 to 1 size smaller than you normally wear. I wear a 13 and ordered a 12 and they're tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Can't double up my socks even. Just so ya know-

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    How do they fit wider feet? I normally wear a 12 in most shoes, but Chucks or Adidas Sambas I have to wear a 13.5 or 13 just for the width.