mtbr member

Carbon soled MTN shoes ...

Hello,

I am looking for recommendations for CF soled MTN shoes, can anyone recommend a few brands to take a look at?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

ExChef

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I rode a pair of Giro Code shoes all last year, really liked em. It was my first pair of carbon soles, so I don't have anything to compare to. Compared to non-carbon soled shoes they are nice. I immediately noticed better power transfer to the pedals, and compared to the Diadora's I'd been riding prior they were a lot more comfortable, due to a more roomy toebox. Good luck, try on a lot!

mtbr member
    Mavic makes a few nice options.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I looked around and tried on just about all the carbon soled shoes.. Ended up getting the specilized evo... Great shoe.. Love the boa's for on the ride adjustment and have had zero problems with them.. The shoe is super stiff and just works great..

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by exchefinma View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for recommendations for CF soled MTN shoes, can anyone recommend a few brands to take a look at?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

ExChef
    Whatever you get, they need to fit right. Carbon soles are unforgiving and if the shape is not the same as your foot it will hurt and is not going to break in and get better
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    i have been riding the specialized evos for a year and they are super comfortable. huge difference over the cheap shimanos i was wearing before.

the boa is also pretty awesome. i have it on snowboard boots and work boots as well.
    Juice

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Juicen View Post
    i have been riding the specialized evos for a year and they are super comfortable. huge difference over the cheap shimanos i was wearing before.

the boa is also pretty awesome. i have it on snowboard boots and work boots as well.
    And Specialized shoes do not fit my feet and they hurt like hell. I prefer my cheap Shimanos and Lakes. Wish I could get rid of the BOA system on my Lake winter shoes. Tightens poorly, terrible pressure points at the front of my ankle and pops loose while riding. I will take good old laces any day.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Another thing with carbon soles. ........ they are slipperier then goose **** on wet rocks and other wet surfaces :-0 !!

mtbr member
    The Shimano's have always fit me and worked very well. Agree with Shiggy that fit is everything. Try on as many as possible before purchasing.
    If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains,
    you're lucky enough.