b a n n e d

Can anyone recommend good shorts and gloves?

I'd like to get a new pair of baggy shorts and some good riding gloves . . . what are some good ones out there? I do mostly XC riding.

Thanks!

govt kontrakt projkt mgr

i like..

..nema and fox for baggies.
    fox also makes great gloves as does scary fast. but a cheap pair of avenirs have been my favorite short fingered gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by OO7
    I'd like to get a new pair of baggy shorts and some good riding gloves . . . what are some good ones out there? I do mostly XC riding.

Thanks!

you go ahead
    Feb 2005
    I only have 1 pair of pants... Oakleys.

Not ideal for xc though.

Now the Fox Dirtpaw gloves ... amazing!

I can even type with them on

Combat Wombat

Can not speak for gloves....

Thanks!
    But my Sugoi baggies rock.

Brian

Don't touch me!
    Can't really help you on the baggies since I use shells over lycra. But for lightweight full finger gloves, I'd have to say the best fitting I've ever used were the Axo (now 661) Raji... With the Answer Accelerator a sorta close second. I bought a pair of Fox Inclines recently, but they just feel bulky compared to my Rajis.
    [SIZE=3]No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

[/SIZE][SIZE=1]MCM# eleventy billion

[SIZE=2]No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    No short comments.
    I ride with Mechanix M-Pact gloves I bough at an auto parts store. Tough as hell. Way better (in terms of dexterity), and a lot cheaper than the bike specific stuff I tried. Their standard glove would probably work for you. I think Sears sells exactly the same thing under the Craftsman name.

Cookin' in AZ
    May 2005
    Fox Digit gloves for XC riding. Works well in hot weather,. They breathe very well.
    This space intentionally left blank

jrm
    mtbr member

Sure..

Thanks!
    Nashbar sierra shorts and FOX motorcycle gloves..

Lucifer rides an mtb

For shorts..

Look at Oakleys.. I have tried a lot of brands and think they have the best overall fit/comfort/features and they last a long time. The 2.4's are a good intermediate short for "everyday" riding and you can pick them up for less than $50 on the web. The Ballistics are their best model and have a better chamois, more zipped vents and a padded bash guard on the lower back. I think both models fit great and I've worn them for up to 8 hrs in a day without wishing I had worn something else. I tend to wear the Ballistics when I will be in the saddle longer (more than 2 hours). If you buy directly from Oakley, you can be sure you are getting the latest model vs. previous season - you'll pay extra for this though. Their return policy is generous.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Shorts: Sugoi Gusto or baggie shorts from target over Ricaro2 liners

Gloves: Mechanix M-Pact

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaklook
    Shorts: Sugoi Gusto or baggie shorts from target over Ricaro2 liners

i too can vouch for the Ricaro2 liners. i wear a pair of board shorts over mine

still looking for decent gloves though...

mtbr member
    Shorts - I like my Nema's, I don't have to worry about the ol' crack peeking out with those like I have with some others, but I almost always wear a pair of Pearls with a light shell over.
    Gloves - Pearls are comfy, but they seem to wear out quickly, the seams always split apart on me, but I still use them on the roadie. For mtn. I've been using a pair of Specialized Body Geometry gloves for three years now and I love them.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Shorts: Oakley, Fox
    Gloves: Troy Lee Designs XC

b a n n e d
    Well, I was at REI today and they are having a big 4th of July clearance . . . . I ended up buyng a pair of REI half finger gloves with padded palms for $10. If they suck I'm only out $10 . . .

Still looking for shorts though . . . . any opinions on Cannondale shorts? I saw a nice looking pair of baggy's called the Nebula or something. Removable liner, lots of pockets etc. . . . pricey though. $90

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Fox Incline gloves rock. I have an old pair of Fox baggies that are great, can't remember the model
    Chris G
    Riding a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro 120
    Somewhere behind the Orange Curtain

Lucifer rides an mtb

Cannondale can be good

Well, I was at REI today and they are having a big 4th of July clearance . . . . I ended up buyng a pair of REI half finger gloves with padded palms for $10. If they suck I'm only out $10 . . .

Still looking for shorts though . . . . any opinions on Cannondale shorts? I saw a nice looking pair of baggy's called the Nebula or something. Removable liner, lots of pockets etc. . . . pricey though. $90
    I ride with their roadie shorts and use their liners in the winter... personally I think their tights (mid-weight and heavy weight) are a little better than Pearl Izumi - but that's just me. I have been using a pair of their gloves for two years and the padding is still the same as when I bought them (can't say the same for the other four pair sitting in the drawer). So, although I have never tried their baggies, I have been very pleased with every other piece of C'dale clothing I have bought. I have been looking at their new baggies and may try them if my Oak's ever wear out (could be a while).