mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Can anyone comment on Maloja gear?

As I'm gearing up for mountain biking, I've run across some Maloja jerseys/jackets that have me intrigued. Mainly, I really dig their designs which are fresh without being too splashy. Not much about this brand on-line, other than it's a European brand (Swiss?) that hasn't made much of a splash in NA yet. I ordered one of their jerseys, so I'll report back when it gets in.

mtbr member
    I ordered a pair of their shorts from Backcountry. The sizing chart online is a bit off, so order your regular sizing. The shorts are super comfortable, and feel durable. The material has a DWR coating, but it isn't a heavy short. They have some really cool designs and I am sure I will be ordering more.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Just had the jersey come in, very happy with the purchase so far. Sizing is pretty standard European (i.e. one size up from American). Great design, made in Italy, I'll be ordering more.

reading comprehension wat
    Had a pair of shorts in which its buttons came right out of the cloth when I tried to unbutton it. Good thing I ordered it from backcountry; they happily refunded me. I like Jett Gear shorts a ton better for the price.
    I like to jump to conclusions, oversimplify, gossip, and participate in popularity polls.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Their stuff is the best. I have their JanM Freeride shorts and a few other pairs of XC shorts and they're very high quality with what I think are cool designs. Competitive Cyclist still has a bunch of their stuff at heavy discount (think they are discontinued models). I wear the XC pants to the gym also. Great stuff, much higher quality than the Dakine/Fox/Mavic stuff I've tried out. FYI I am about a 35-36 waist and the XL stuff fits me pretty good.

Hope that helps..