Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Camel Back Pack

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Camel Back Pack

Any suggestions for a Camel back pack for mountain biking? Let's say around $75.00. Basically looking to carry water, snacks and phone.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    There are tons price point has a sale on the capo i think for 60 bucks, check amazon. I have the charge 450 and the capo, and a Dakine shuttle. it just depends on what you want to carry and you have roome to expand for when you start adding pads and FF.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

It's just a color......

Quote Originally Posted by trdspectacoma View Post
    There are tons price point has a sale on the capo i think for 60 bucks, check amazon. I have the charge 450 and the capo, and a Dakine shuttle. it just depends on what you want to carry and you have roome to expand for when you start adding pads and FF.
    Jenson has the '10 Capo for $40.

Camelbak The Capo Pack '10 > Accessories > Hydration > Hydration Packs | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

....or...

Go with the Don for $50.....it's bigger and you will get free shipping.

Camelbak The Don Pack '10 > Accessories > Hydration > Hydration Packs | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    The more you ride it, the lighter it gets.
    '12 Santa Cruz TallBoy
    '11 Vassago Bandersnatch
    '08 Specilaized Pitch Pro

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I'm very happy with camelbak MULE.

mtbr member
    Get one with a waist strap if you don't want the thing bouncing around on your back.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    CCMTB is right. MULE has one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by memi View Post
    I'm very happy with camelbak MULE.
    +1 love my mule

keeptrollintrollintrollin
    Yep yep... The camelbak mule is great

mtbr member
    i have a camelback and its great for when i need to pack a ton of crap with me (im the trip mule i get everything people dont have room for), but when im out myself i have a platypus origin 5. The platypus is by far the more comfortable and it has the same 3 liter capacity, i highly recommend trying one out.
    2012 Giant Reign 1

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I prefer my Osprey Manta to my CamelBak Mule because the mesh suspension back noticeably reduces sweat. They're out of your budget, but I'd try to look for similar designs. I was also looking at Deuter Race series when making my purchase which are close to your budget. They weren't as comfortable on me so I went with the Osprey. The CamelBak packs with the N.V. back panels are supposedly nice.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    a few weeks ago, I picked up a Camelbak Mule NV from Amazon for $74. It's a 2011 model in "sulphur/Graphite" color.

There's a 2011 Mule NV - Black color on there right now for $89. Might be a little more than you want to spend, but he has the NV panels, 100oz tank, and holds quit a bit of extra crap if you need to pack, etc..

mtbr member
    i got a camelbak lobo over the summer, holds 3L of water, waist and sternum strap i got it at campmor for 59.99 on sale, my only complaint is that i cant carry too much with me in it, phone, some cliif/nature valley bars, tools, small firstaid kit, and then its about full, id like to get a mule over the summer tho so i could carry a set of sneakers and platform pedals and knee gaurds with me as well

id go with one of these four for your price range :

camelbak lobo:
    Camelbak Lobo Hydration Pack '12 > Accessories > Hydration > Hydration Packs | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

camelbak octane:
    Camelbak Octane LR > Accessories > Hydration > Hydration Packs | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

camelbak hoss:
    Camelbak Hoss Pack > Accessories > Hydration > Hydration Packs | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

camelbak mule:
    Camelbak M.U.L.E. Hydration Pack '12 > Accessories > Hydration > Hydration Packs | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

im gonna get either the mule or the hoss for myself sometime this spring/summer for my longer rides
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2002 Raleigh Mountain Scout
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

LightJunction.com
    I like the L.O.B.O. It's big enough to carry a multi-tool, phone, snacks, tube (the essentials) and plenty of water for a longish ride, but it's still small enough that it doesn't hold me back. The bigger packs like the M.U.L.E. I find to be overkill for a general purpose pack.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lightjunction View Post
    I like the L.O.B.O. It's big enough to carry a multi-tool, phone, snacks, tube (the essentials) and plenty of water for a longish ride, but it's still small enough that it doesn't hold me back. The bigger packs like the M.U.L.E. I find to be overkill for a general purpose pack.
    yeah, i like that it doesnt really move around on your back at all, when i get home ill post a pic of all the crap i have stuffed in it, prob weighs somewhere between 5-10lbs with all the crap in it with a full load of water, im only gonna get a mule for my longer rides, or maybe just get a good backpack with a space for the hydration pack in it so i can use that for school and just swap the one reservoir from the lobo to the other pack for rides
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2002 Raleigh Mountain Scout
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

LightJunction.com
    Quote Originally Posted by henry9419 View Post
    yeah, i like that it doesnt really move around on your back at all, when i get home ill post a pic of all the crap i have stuffed in it, prob weighs somewhere between 5-10lbs with all the crap in it with a full load of water, im only gonna get a mule for my longer rides, or maybe just get a good backpack with a space for the hydration pack in it so i can use that for school and just swap the one reservoir from the lobo to the other pack for rides
    Good call. I've got both the LOBO and the MULE, and I find I only need the MULE for rides where I want to carry a change of clothes or tools for trail work.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    MULE all the way! Mine has been through hundreds of rides, rain, sunshine, crashes, cold fluids, warm fluids and it keeps going strong.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Another vote for the lobo. Love it

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Paid top price for the capo when it first came out, great bag! Love the new colors, I have the black one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Camelbak Octane XCT Hydration Pack

turtles make me hot
    I have a MULE and a HAWG. I like the HAWG better, but I'm a big ol clyde, so it looks more right on my back. Holds a ton of stuff too.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Thanks!!!

Thank you everyone for your input. After reading all the responses I narrowed it down to the Camelbak Lobo and the Camelbak 450. After a search with availability & best price, the winner was the 450 at $74.00. Thanks to all.

Rides the Desert
    osprey raptor 10 or viper 10

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Flashback View Post
    Thank you everyone for your input. After reading all the responses I narrowed it down to the Camelbak Lobo and the Camelbak 450. After a search with availability & best price, the winner was the 450 at $74.00. Thanks to all.
    Good Choice I love my 450 super light.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Mule is awesomemyou can fit a xl hoodie in expand pocket 3l of water a first aid kit a bottle of bug spray flashlight compass and a small knife,

mtbr member
    I've used the Lobo for years, but it's more for shorter rides. I recently picked up the MULE NV for longer rides to store more food, shell clothing, etc.

I'm very happy with both!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast