Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Briefs with chamois vs bibs (under baggies)

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  kayakr 
#1 ·
Is there any advantage to using briefs with a chamois (like the liners that come with some baggie shorts) over say lycra biking shorts/bibs under baggies?

I have plenty of bibs from road cycling, but am starting to enjoy riding the trails and want to rock the baggies sometimes, so I bought a pair online that came with a liner. The outer baggie shell is nice, but the liner and chamois are total crap!

Are the biking briefs with chamois going to be any cooler or have any other advantage over bibshorts when worn under a nice quality baggie?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Just remove the liner and use the baggies over your bibs. Far more comfortable. You do not get that feeling that they are always falling down. And, as RW said, you have greater flexibility to wear what you want.

As for advantages of one over the other - nope. Wear whatever is more comfortable for you. Both should be equally cool. No added protection from either (unless the liner is padded - more than just the chamois).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.