mtbr member

Body armor sizing help.

I just purchased an XL Rockgardn Flak Jacket from Cambria off Ebay. Upon trying it on I noticed that I had to hold both sides together to zip it up. It wasn't easy. When I finally got it on, this thing was real tight around the chest(not in the funky fresh way either). I adjusted the straps and it wasn't quite as bad but it was still noticeably tight. I walked around for a bit and I wasn't losing oxygen or anything, but as soon as I unzipped it, the thing came off like The Incredible Hulk. I know this thing is supposed to be tight, but how tight is too tight... My question is this: By my description do you think it is too tight and should I go for the XXL? I have no way of trying one on conveniently.

ouch
    I dunno, but I've found that if armor is tight like that in moveable areas, you don't feel the effects until you start riding for a while...then things start going numb and tingly.

Beyond the stars

Same boat, kinda . . .

I got an XXL Rockgraden Flak Jacket and the arms were all bunched up like they were made for a guy with 10 ft long arms, chest shifted around like it "might" be a little big, so I sent it back and got an XL and I couldn't get it to "fit right'" either so I sent it back and am getting a 66I SP-1 in a Large. Go figure, everybody sizes stuff differently, for some of us you MUST go to a store and try it on before determining what size and ordering from a mail order place.

Sucks, but it seems to be the only way

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by DJBiker
    I got an XXL Rockgraden Flak Jacket and the arms were all bunched up like they were made for a guy with 10 ft long arms, chest shifted around like it "might" be a little big, so I sent it back and got an XL and I couldn't get it to "fit right'" either so I sent it back and am getting a 66I SP-1 in a Large. Go figure, everybody sizes stuff differently, for some of us you MUST go to a store and try it on before determining what size and ordering from a mail order place.

Sucks, but it seems to be the only way

always try it on in a store first or at a race........How much do you weigh and how big are you Prechrysler

Azonic Z-6 runs very big...I went down a size from XXL to XL and it still seems a little big
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    always try it on in a store first or at a race........How much do you weigh and how big are you Prechrysler

Azonic Z-6 runs very big...I went down a size from XXL to XL and it still seems a little big
    Currently about 6'2'' 230 nekkid. I went ahead and decided to get XXL. I tried it on again and decided that there is no way it should be this tight, the thing was eventually cutting off circulation to my arms. I figured what the problem was. I ordered a '04 XL and according to the sizing charts it should have fit me. However, unawares to me, Cambria graciously sent a '05 model which doesn't have the same sizing. The XXL will hopefully fit just fine according to the charts, but I have my doubts, because for whatever reason manufacturers of clothing think that if you have a 46" plus chest then you're like 7' tall and have a 40'' waist.

I also want to commend Cambria for their dealing with this situation. They hooked me up with a killer deal on the exchange for the XXL on a '05 model. Too cool.
    Last edited by Prechrysler; 07-08-2005 at 12:38 PM.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Prechrysler
    Currently about 6'2'' 230 nekkid. I went ahead and decided to get XXL. I tried it on again and decided that there is no way it should be this tight, the thing was eventually cutting off circulation to my arms. I figured what the problem was. I ordered a '04 XL and according to the sizing charts it should have fit me. However, unawares to me, Cambria graciously sent a '05 model which doesn't have the same sizing. The XXL will hopefully fit just fine according to the charts, but I have my doubts, because for whatever reason manufacturers of clothing think that if you have a 46" plus chest then you're like 7' tall and have a 40'' waist.

I also want to commend Cambria for their dealing with this situation. They hooked me up with a killer deal on the exchange for the XXL on a '05 model. Too cool.
    try an Azonic Z-6 XXL....you should have no problems with that....the Z-6 is way cooler (body temp) then the Flack......whatever you do.......good luck on your purchase
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days