Thread: body armor

don't move for trees

body armor

Last time up at Northstar i noticed most of the people wearing full faced helmets, and lots of body armor. I plan i getting a full face soon, and i just got a pair of six six one shin/knee pads, is there any others that is a good choice to get soon?

Absurd
    Quote Originally Posted by BKnight
    Last time up at Northstar i noticed most of the people wearing full faced helmets, and lots of body armor. I plan i getting a full face soon, and i just got a pair of six six one shin/knee pads, is there any others that is a good choice to get soon?
    That depends on how far into "the dark side" you want to go. I'd get a good pair of elbow pads. As you progress, and go up to N* more often, you might find yourself looking at something with a chest and or spine protector. I'd check the 661 pressure suit. Personally I use a Dainese Full Shuttle Pro suit. It's top to bottom armor with a removable spine protector.

don't move for trees
    we're also getting dirt bikes soon a 250 and a 450 or 650, will my mt bike armor work with it too, or look into getting new stuff?

Old,slow,still havin fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by BKnight
    we're also getting dirt bikes soon a 250 and a 450 or 650, will my mt bike armor work with it too, or look into getting new stuff?
    Upper body armor should crossover fine, but get a real moto helmet/goggles. And the knee/shin armor is unlikely to fit under real moto boots. When I first got back into dirt biking I wore street hockey knee/shin pads with regular construction-style boots, but I got a real set of dirt boots pretty fast. Boots and helmet are the two most crucial moto specific armor pieces, IMHO.