mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Boa Technology - Repair Center

I have 2 different Boa system shoes, Specialized, Gaerne. Replacing the Boa's are quite easy, there are quite of few self help video. The Boa have a lifetime warranty. If you need to order replacement parts, click "Redeem Guarantee" to get started. There is NO CHARGE for these parts. Boa Technology - Repair Center

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    yeah I snapped a lace on my specialized and it was easy to just open it up and make a new loop and back in action

I carry a spare reel w/wire and boa tool for on trail. this system could not be simpler and boa is the most comfortable thing ever devised. and I like the instant unlace, 'cuz when I get home worn and tired i want to kick those shoes off pronto.

EDR

Re: Boa Technology - Repair Center

Not really sure why I am replying to this thread but I find no redeeming value in the BOA system whatsoever. I had one pair that had the system and it got all locked up within the first few months of use. Not only that but I do not like the way the tension is mostly even all throughout the top of my foot. I prefer to pull tight or leave loose in certain areas over the top of my foot to avoid hotspots. As to the system being simple, I find laces or velcro to be simple. Having to carry extra parts on my ride for my shoes is just ridiculous.

Signed- Official Boa hater

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Sorry to here your a Boa hater!! I appreciate your views. Maybe a poor shoe quality for the hot spots. I have running 3 types of different
    cable systems for my shoes 2 boa and 1 Sidi. With 12,000 miles and no failures. I do keep and eye out for damages cables and replace when necessary, much like shoe laces, remember those. LOL
    Velcro wears out and is much harder to replace. Velcro straps loosen, cables don't. I found every time there is a loosing or tightening problem with boa system it has been dirt or debris in the crank system. Easy fix
    is to flush out with water, even getting it wet usually works.
    Preventive maintenance is 90% of the cure.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I'm 100% opposite. I think the Boa system is incredible. Too bad more shoes don't feature it. My Spec. Rimes were awesome, just didn't fit properly in the heel cup.

EDR

Re: Boa Technology - Repair Center

Quote Originally Posted by jsteach View Post
    Preventive maintenance is 90% of the cure.
    Great, this is what technology has come to, preventive maintenance on my shoelaces?

My posting is somewhat facetious but I do think it's incredible that anybody would call the system incredible. The very fact that there is a "system" to tie your shoes is comical. HTFU people!

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    You seem really angry about this, even if you are being facetious. I personally did find it to be awesome, gave me a very nice even pressure over the entire top of my foot with no hot spots.

I wouldn't call it any more of a "system" than velcro or even laces. It's just an alternate way of tightening a shoe that happens to work pretty well in my book.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I was over emphasizing the preventive maintenance to make a point. My 12 year old sidi have the original Tecno cable . Over 12,000 miles on shoes, lost track, retiring them , broken sole. You would to hard pressed to find a shoe the Velcro or shoelaces lasted that long. This is the evolution of the shoe lace , Velcro, ratchet, cable. Much like clips instead of basket. Disc brakes, front suspension. multi speed, suspension, tubeless. Which I'm sure you have none of.