Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Hella Olde
    Reputation: DH40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    593

    Blowout '04 Azonic AZX D.O.T. Helmets everywhere - any good?

    $69......anyone care to review it? Seems too cheap, but the 3 year old Bellistic needs to retire......

    Azonic ASX Helmet (04) (DOT & Snell Rated)

    Product Description

    * Snell and Dot Approved!!!!!!
    * Fiber Glass Shell
    * High-End Removable/Washable Liner
    * Crome mouth piece with metal mesh interior
    * Double Clear coated Graphic's
    * Rubber Mud deflector above mouth guard
    * Adult sizing from XS - XXL
    * 4 Colors- Blue/Blk, Red/Blk, Gry/Blk & Red/Blue/Blk

    pic-
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Hella Olde
    Reputation: DH40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    593

    Thanks, but those are 2001 and 2002 models...I'm talking about the 04 in the pic.
    These things change a lot year by year as Azonic and the rest decide which Taiwan Helmet factory to use.

  4. #4
    Buckle Up
    Reputation: WheelieMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by DH40
    Thanks, but those are 2001 and 2002 models...I'm talking about the 04 in the pic.
    These things change a lot year by year as Azonic and the rest decide which Taiwan Helmet factory to use.
    I just got that helmet in the mail today. It seems to be very good quality, but I am also not used to a motorcycle helmet, so it is very big. For that price, you cant go wrong. I haven't had any experience riding with the helmet, or else I would give you a more in-depth review. I think it is the best helmet out there for the price.
    <><

  5. #5
    sponsored by Kotex
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMan
    I just got that helmet in the mail today. It seems to be very good quality, but I am also not used to a motorcycle helmet, so it is very big. For that price, you cant go wrong. I haven't had any experience riding with the helmet, or else I would give you a more in-depth review. I think it is the best helmet out there for the price.
    I have had the 04 version for 6 months or so, and it's a great helmet ( saved my jaw @ bootleg the first time I used it!)
    a friend of mine thinks it's heavy- and yaeh, it has some weight to it, tho it is not heavy feeling while worn. It has alot of padding that I bugged on at first ( and I quickly changed my opinion when I cracked that rock face down!) I didn't even feel spun...
    The padding kind of broke in and I would recommend that helmet-
    It's a great helmet (and you can MX with it if you want!)
    my 2 pesos...

  6. #6
    VIA
    VIA is offline
    banned
    Reputation: VIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMan
    I just got that helmet in the mail today. It seems to be very good quality, but I am also not used to a motorcycle helmet, so it is very big. For that price, you cant go wrong. I haven't had any experience riding with the helmet, or else I would give you a more in-depth review. I think it is the best helmet out there for the price.

    Hey WheelieMan...why don't you go and have some hard landing with you head and lgive us a better review of the helmet...lol

    After all you're the "helmet police"

  7. #7
    Buckle Up
    Reputation: WheelieMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by VIA
    Hey WheelieMan...why don't you go and have some hard landing with you head and lgive us a better review of the helmet...lol

    After all you're the "helmet police"
    What? I'm having a hard time interpreting your post.

    Actually, I could say without any testing that my new helmet is better than no helmet at all. Wink wink...
    <><

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTBsSd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    896
    My friend just got it and I must say that I really don't like it. First off it looks totally wacked out when you're wearing it. Most helmets make you look cool but this one just makes you look likea balloon head. Secondly it's really heavy. It's also got a really weird interior shape and if your head doesn't fit perfectly it doesn't fit at all. The visor is also really weak, my friends first visor snapped off so he had to send it back, then he had a spill last weekend and it got a crack through it... Hmm... what else... OH YA!! It doesn't have any vents on the main part of the helmet. My friend says the air-flow isn't too bad once you get going but if you live somewhere where it gets even reasonably hot just stay away from this lid
    "Better safe than scarry"

    www.3dmtb.net

  9. #9
    Hella Olde
    Reputation: DH40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    593
    Thanks....that's some food for thought. Might be best to have a cheap Moto lid for racing and a cheap MTB fullface for extended riding. Cheap, baby!....no TLD here.

  10. #10
    I wanna talk to Samson!
    Reputation: konabiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,305
    Quote Originally Posted by DH40
    Thanks....that's some food for thought. Might be best to have a cheap Moto lid for racing and a cheap MTB fullface for extended riding. Cheap, baby!....no TLD here.
    i dont have an experience with that helmet, but i just picked up a 661 full bravo carbon. its sweet looking, really light, and vents good. i payed 110 for it at jenson. good buy
    [SIZE=4]JackNugz[/SIZE]

    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

  11. #11
    Hella Olde
    Reputation: DH40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    i dont have an experience with that helmet, but i just picked up a 661 full bravo carbon. its sweet looking, really light, and vents good. i payed 110 for it at jenson. good buy

    I bought a 661 from Jenson too (non-carbon cheapo) last year and really liked it. Until I put it on. Their sizing is completely whack...it was like a vice on my cranium...I sold it ("XL") to my friend who normally wears a MEDIUM! -and it's a bit tight on him. I did some research later and it appears that they run small. No doubt.

Similar Threads

  1. Azonic Outlaw wheelset (any good)?
    By AZmtncycler in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 09:09 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 01:25 PM
  3. 04 Stinky, 04 BigHit? or 04 Atomik?
    By Phil_Mosco in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 12:29 AM
  4. 03 hardrock pro $450, good price? how different from 04?
    By eman in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 05:41 PM
  5. 04 Enduro Comp good for So Cal/OC?
    By dubjay in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 10:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •