mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Blind XC helmet buy under 60 pounds.

Hi, I would like to buy a XC helmet from chainreactioncycles under 60 pounds. Why it would be a blind buy? Because where I live there's a very very limited range of helmets that I could try on in local shops. Okey a bit about me, as I pointed out I ride XC and my head size is 58cm. I'm not a professional ride, but if I have chance to hit the trails in summer time I will surely do it. So good ventilation would be a big big plus. Any suggestions?

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    helmet and shoes are the two things I always tell people they should really go to a shop for..
    it's not that you need an expensive one or that any one brand or model of them protects you better.. it's fit.
    I've had cheapo 25 dollar helmets that fit me beautiful (I still got it as a back up) and had a really nice well over $100 helmets I couldn't wear for more than 10 minutes with out getting a head ache.. and they were both the same size. It all depends on your heads shape more than hat size.
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    My only luck would be to try on Bell Slant and few UVEX helmets all the other helmets are like kellys, polisport, bike equipment and etc.. It's sad that non of the local bike shops sells Giro helmets

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by zmogedra View Post
    My only luck would be to try on Bell Slant and few UVEX helmets all the other helmets are like kellys, polisport, bike equipment and etc.. It's sad that non of the local bike shops sells Giro helmets
    Uvex and Bell are OK.. again, a cheap helmet protects your head just as well as an expensive one.. well, to the most part anyway.. venting and such ad up.. but honestly, hit a shop and fit one then go ride if you get out and do a few trips or something (even if not bike related) them hit other shops or bigger places and try others.. just make sure it doesn't hurt the top of your skull.. I've dislocated joints, broke my hand on my 2nd ever real MTB ride,.. cut and bruised myself and the 2 most annoying things to me on a ride are sore or numb feet and Head aches..those things will keep me from even going out if I know it's going to happen. just drive me crazy
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/