mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Bike Stands (for cleaning)

Hi there

Does anybody know where you can get decent deals on bike stands to hold bike whilst its been cleaned at the moment in the UK? I've seen a few none-branded ones at around £30-35, do they last or is it worth shelling out a bit more.

Im just looking for something I can clamp the frame to whilst cleaning it, im thinking about something likes. Is it as good as any or are the much higher priced ones that look pretty much the same that much more durable?

BIKE BICYCLE CYCLE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC REPAIR FOLDING WORK STAND MOUNTAIN TOOL | eBay

mtbr member
    If you don't plan on doing major wrenching on the bike, the one you posted should work. Of course, 'you get what you pay for,' holds true in any instance.

Keep an eye out for used stands from a reputable bike tool company: Park Tools, Pedro's, etc.

Redcoat
    Quote Originally Posted by rogbie View Post
    If you don't plan on doing major wrenching on the bike, the one you posted should work. Of course, 'you get what you pay for,' holds true in any instance.

Keep an eye out for used stands from a reputable bike tool company: Park Tools, Pedro's, etc.
    I use a stand exactly like the one the op posted and have never had an issue with it. currently building my third bike with it as well as wrenched on it god knows how many times.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I've been paying attention to Scorpion Bike Stands out of California - they look really solid and hold the bike stable through the hollow crank (obviously this limits the application list, but not by much).

But, I do not know if they ship to the UK.
    Rokworth.com | Parts, Product Reviews & Tests

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    For simple/fast adjustment (and the occasional pain in the butt dropper post) I used a old road bike tire hanging from the ceiling (one huck to rotate, two if you want it more stable)

In the past I also used belts, ropes, straps and even tree branches to do adjustments on the side of the road and even "tune-ups" for pretty lady's bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I am loving the above but given my environment I think ill be buying the contraption I linked at the start.

Thanks alot gents ride safe!

Resident Gear Head
    I just bought the stand you linked. Paid $50 shipped on amazon. It works great and is super cheap, I say buy it

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    2 Hands Working Do More Than 1000 Hands Praying

Team Livemedium
    Diggin the MacGyver action. Two thumbs up.
    Keep trying to do the awesomest thing you've ever done.

mtbr member
    This is the one i have. but blue ....did my first build on it. and tons of wrenching( 2 mtb and 2 road bike) and still holding strong. I would however suggest choosing the clamp with the lever. Like the one in this photo rather than the knob in your photo. I'd imagine the knob might be harder to turn if you want a tight clamp tension.

NEW Home Mechanic Workshop Fixed Leg Bike Repair Stand Locking Tilt Rep 09 | eBay
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Seuss....