Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Best well ventilated fullface helmet?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  pfunk 
#1 ·
I've been looking for a good fullface helmet that is also light and well ventilated. Is there such a thing?

With the increasing number of 6" trailbikes and 8" freeride bikes, it seems helmets aren't keeping up. You can get a heavy DH helmet with no ventilation or a XC lid that's light and well ventilated, but hardly any protection.

I need something in between. I want a helmet that breathes enough to wear on grinding 4 mile climbs that will also offer great protection when bombing down very technical runs (like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride in Tahoe). I want a fullface helmet that's light and well ventilated but gives more protection than the typical XC helmet. The Pro-Tec Ace Fullface seems the closest to what I want so far, but it still doesn't have enough ventilation. Is there anything else out there?

#3 ·
switchblade was discontinued

jr711 said:
Giro makes the switchblade. its basically an xc helmet with a bolt on chin guard. so its not really a full face

I've heard that Vigor's Vamose II is one of the best ventilated full face DH helmets and the carbon one is pretty light
unless they re-released it. I believe 2003 was the last year they were made. Too bad, I love mine, and will be lost when it wears out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.