G3Riders
    Jan 2004

Best ventilated fullface helmet on budget?

Hello,
    Dear fellow readers, please advise me on buying new fullface helmet. I know there are quite a few threads about FF helmets but most of them talk about TLD which are far too expensive for myself...

what am I looking for? a highly ventilated DH/FR fullface helmet (but not the one like Giro Switchblade which I own) but on budget.

I don't need any DOT approved helmets, my main points are superb ventilation, price and weight (this particular order).

I don't have much experience in wearing ff helmets by myslef (and don't have many friends to try from ) so please help me choose based on your experience.

So far I could ride in my friends 661 hemlets - Full Comp and Full Bravo. Strangley enough, Full Bravo which is more expensive is also much hotter than cheap Full Comp!

What would you choose? 661 Full Comp/Bravo/Bravo carbon? Or maybe Giro Madmax II? Or Bell? Or other?

There are good sales and I could buy almost any of them below 100$.

thanks!

WWT
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    If the 661 Full Comp is what you're looking for, in terms of price and style go for it. I think the carbon helmet may be a bit more than you wanted to spend...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

BELL, Bellistic

I have both the Bellistic and the 661 FullComp. The Bellistic feels like a much stronger hellmet than the FullComp.

dirTrat
    THERE IS NO TURNING BACK, NOW THAT YOU'VE WOKEN UP THE DEMON, IN ME!

mtbr member

Bell Bellistic or Pryme AL

The Bell Bellistic is a pretty reasonable price and has 15 vents on it. I had a Pryme AL which is really ventilated, but the visor breaks really easy and are hard to get a replacement for (I guess I crash too much). Either of these are around $80-90, though I found my Bell on sale for $50.

WWT
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I agree, I believe that the Bell is a bit stronger than the 661 Full-Comp...

Glad to Be Alive
    for under 100 get the carbon by 661
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mmm bacon

Vigor Vamoose

Try looking at the Vigor Vamoose II it has good ventilation and holds up well to impacts, I know this from personal experience. I think go-ride has them on sale if you are cash strapped.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    I highly recommend the Vigor Contender. 17 vents, very light weight and affordable (around $110). I've been wearing one for over a year now and love it. Plus, it has a buckle instead of D-rings. I wouldn't trust it for Bender-sized hucks but for trail riding and freeriding it's great.

http://www.vigorsports.com

G3Riders
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    I highly recommend the Vigor Contender. 17 vents, very light weight and affordable (around $110). I've been wearing one for over a year now and love it. Plus, it has a buckle instead of D-rings. I wouldn't trust it for Bender-sized hucks but for trail riding and freeriding it's great.

http://www.vigorsports.com
    thanks for tips. the only problem with Vigor would be I had to buy and try the right size without trying it out before, little bit worried if I can choose the right size.
    I can try most of metioned before helmets so sizing will not be an issue...

thanks!