mtbr member
    May 2008

Best shoes for Time Atac Z Pedals?

I'm going to buy some Time Atac Z pedals and wanted to get opinions on the best shoes (women's) for these. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinac
    I'm going to buy some Time Atac Z pedals and wanted to get opinions on the best shoes (women's) for these. Thanks!
    The shoes that fit your feet the best/are comfortable & are within the budget that you establish.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I guess I should've put more details about shoes. I'm not always a fan of being clipped in for some terrain, so I'm trying these since they have a platform. The shoes I currently use have a hard plastic center with rubber tread on the edges. My thought was that a shoe with more rubber on the center would help with slipping, but I don't know which shoes would be like that, nor do I know which would be compatible with the cleats on these pedals. I was hoping to get feedback from anyone that has this pedal and has a shoe that's working well for them.

newless cluebie
    Sep 2009
    My ex-wife used Time Zs with cannondale shoes. They looked like low-top hikers.

You're mostly looking for something with treads; the platform is nice on the Zs, but you'll still need something with a tread to hook inbetween the nooks.
    My Trifecta: Rocky Mountain Flatline Pro, Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC70, eBay Carbon Hardtail

mtbr member
    these shimano's work well.
    also 5.10 will have a clipped shoe out next month which may be the best bet for the time z's

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    http://www.downcycles.com/store/2005-hammer-p-432.html661 have a skate style clip shoe for around $80.
    If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing. --- W. Edwards Deming

mtbr member
    I've always liked the Sidi Dominator 5's, or whichever version fits women. They are very comfortable and outlast the other brands I have tried by a 3 to 1 margin. Also been using Time pedals for 9 years...