squish, squish in da fish

best rain jacket with hood?

ok folks whats up with all these cycling rain jackets w/ no hoods? how the hell do you keep the rain from running down your back? i'm ready to pull the trigger on an endura luminite jacket but the lack of a hood is stopping me. maybe being the noob cyclist i just havent stumbled across the answer. the ideal jacket im looking for will have at least a hood, pit vents, lots of reflective material, waterproof, and not a hideous color/pattern. thanks for the help

mtbr member
    Check out "Showers Pass" jackets.....awesome rain gear and I believe almost their entire line has velcro on the neck for attaching the optional hood....

DR

banned
    Sep 2012
    I've been looking at those, very nice. I definitely don't want something cheap. With stuff like this, you always get what you pay for. I don't mind spending a little more if it means getting something made better. I've also been looking for a waterproof backpack, since I really don't want my $100+ textbooks getting soggy.

Most cycling jackets nowadays appear to not have a hood, but you can buy a detachable hood seperately - like the Shower's Pass one.

Sedona Hiking Guide Hiking Preparedness + Energy Supply + Apparel & Gear

mtbr member
    The BEST?

Gore Fusion GT AS

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I have a Swrve Milwaukee jacket. definitely would recommend.

swrve — Sweaters and Jackets

squish, squish in da fish
    hey guys, thanks for the replies. now at least i have some options

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    If you can find any vendor with remaining stock, I'd recommend this one. Bought it a few months back on Steepandcheap for $40. Hood, taped seams, waterproof zippers, highly breathable, pit zips, 3-layer laminated fabric. Great length for the Large size that I got, sleeves are long, rear panel is also long enough to be worn cycling.

Wore it out fishing knowing that a storm would be rolling in, and I stayed dry. My pants on the other hand, soaked....

Ansai Pike Jacket
    Amazon.com: Ansai Sportswear Pike Jacket - Men's: Clothing

mtbr member
    I have a Ground Effect (New Zealand) hoodless jacket that fits around my neck nicely. I wear a gore-tex cover over my helmet. Wearing a hood cycling sounds crazy to me. You will never get great visibility. You will never stay dry when exercising anyway.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I've been wearing a endura mt500 with hood for te past few seasons and have been happy with it. Mavic makes a few jackets that look promising.