mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Best kids size clip shoes?

My 8 year old is ready to get clipped in and can't find any good shoes as small as he needs. He is a size US size 2 and Eur size 33.5. Anyone know of good quality shoes this size?

I assume that Shimano adjustable size mtb are easiest to get out of, am I right?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    You might get more information over at the Families/Riding with Kids forum, but I'll share what has worked for my son. My son - who is now 9 - went clipless when he was 7ish. He uses SPD cleats/pedals so we could adjust the tension when he was first learning to make them a little easier to unclip. He has gone through several pairs of the Fly Talon 2 shoes which work great for both MTB and BMX. I've bought both of his pairs here. They have kid and youth sizes and have stood up well through several seasons.

He made the transition pretty quickly - just a few minutes riding in our yard to learn the motion of clipping and unclipping and he has never looked back. I think it helped initially that I put some of my old pedals and cleats on his shoes/bike which made it a little easier to clip in/out.

Quote Originally Posted by little851 View Post
    My 8 year old is ready to get clipped in and can't find any good shoes as small as he needs. He is a size US size 2 and Eur size 33.5. Anyone know of good quality shoes this size?

I assume that Shimano adjustable size mtb are easiest to get out of, am I right?