Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member

Bell Super Helmet

Looks like there are some cool features available on this helmet. It's not available until mid-2013.

Bell Super Mountain Bike Helmet - Bell Helmets

ventanakaz
    Quote Originally Posted by in the trees View Post
    Looks like there are some cool features available on this helmet. It's not available until mid-2013.

Bell Super Mountain Bike Helmet - Bell Helmets
    ...that's looks to be a good helmet, i like the full coverage in the back and i think that would be my next one if i ever get back into XC , thanks for sharing...ralph
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

dirtbag
    I saw pics of this helmet from Eurobike and it piqued my interest. I was going to pick up a Urge helmet but decided to wait til this one came out as the features, venting look better than the Urge. Also, Bell helmets fit my head nicely and Urge sizing is an unknown (at least to me). I like the larger amount of coverage for the rear of your head but still has excellent venting for hot days.
    Amolan

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Look like CambriaBike has them now? Says it will ship in 10-14 days

Bell Super Mountain Helmet 2013 100099557 at CambriaBike.com

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by dworley505 View Post
    Look like CambriaBike has them now? Says it will ship in 10-14 days

Bell Super Mountain Helmet 2013 100099557 at CambriaBike.com
    I doubt it. The Bell web site says available May 2013.
    "Ships in 10-14 days" means Cambria does not have them in stock.

I am hoping the Super fits me as well as other Bell models
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    good call Shiggy. I'm not familiar with Cambria. I'm in the same boat as you, I love the way Bell helmets fit me. I also like this style of helmet. I'm looking into the POC Trabec as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dworley505 View Post
    good call Shiggy. I'm not familiar with Cambria. I'm in the same boat as you, I love the way Bell helmets fit me. I also like this style of helmet. I'm looking into the POC Trabec as well.
    I have the POC. Fits perfectly.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Bell Super Helmet - YouTube

This could be a Bell Feature alternative (if it fits).

Quote Originally Posted by ronyc View Post
    Bell Super Helmet - YouTube

This could be a Bell Feature alternative (if it fits).
    You mean a Giro Feature alternative.

They are the same use target . Traditionally Bell and Giro helmets have different fits. The Feature does not fit my head well at all.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Already ordered a Giro Hex on 40% off. Maybe I'll get a Super in a couple of seasons. I'd love to get a POC but they cost twice as much, for some reason

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    My fault, Giro Feature.

mtbr member
    Sexy! Protective design. I'll order today if a available, but the market won't wait.

mtbr member
    Awesome..just what i wanted?

mtbr member
    anyone own a bell super currently? would like to hear some feedbacks on the helmet.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

I like bloody ankles

So far so good

Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    anyone own a bell super currently? would like to hear some feedbacks on the helmet.
    I got a first ride with my Super yesterday, a two hour rooty/rocky aggressive XC ride on Vancouver North Shore. I've been riding Fox Flux helmets for the last 5 years, so that's my basis for comparison.

At first glance the helmet looks great, the I love the green color, the coverage on the back side and over ears is superior to the flux, and construction is high quality.

I wore the helmet around the house for a couple hours prior to riding so I could get it adjusted, and during that time I thought the chin strap was rather uncomfortable but that feeling never occurred during the ride. Temp was a perfect 70F so I can't vouch for hot days (yet), but I definitely felt the brow vents and the cool flow of air across the forehead that they provided. No issue with lack of ventilation in this mild temp.

The Super is really comfortable, with quality padding that is noticeably denser and IMO better than the Flux. With the wheel adjustment on the back, the helmet fit snug and didn't move around on my head during choppy descents, although I'm thinking I would like the ratchet in the wheel adjuster to have more fine indexing.

I haven't tested the GoPro mount yet, but did snug it up with the simple velcro strap and it seems to sit pretty tight, definitely better than the GP helmet strap could ever cinch up.

I'll provide another update once I get some miles on the lid and some So Cal hot days, but so far I'm a fan of the Super.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I recently switched from the fox flux to the bell super. So far I'm loving the super compared to the fox. I think the ventilation is a tad bit better, the pads are more comfortable, I like the tilt adjustment to get the helmet sitting on your noggin properly. The tilt up visor is the icing on the cake for me. I ride with goggles often especially when racing enduro, and the ability to just pull the goggles up is a welcome feature. The only gripe I have with this helmet is that the area around the ears will just slightly touch the top of my ears. This hasn't been a discomfort and I really don't notice it. I think this issue is because the helmet sits low on the head and has such good coverage. I have big ears so this likely wont be an issue for most people.

mtbr member
    Just finished my second ride with the new super. Well thought out helmet that fits well and is very well ventilated for the amount of coverage (95+ and high humidity in FL yesterday). One thing to consider, at least with the large, is sizing. This thing is big for the labeled circumferene. My last helmet was a Fox Flux in large and it fit great using just past the mid point of its adjustment. With the super, I have it as tight as it will go and it just does fit. I wish I'd gone with a medium.

I like bloody ankles
    In regards to sizing, I found it may run a bit larger than Fox Flux as well. I've had many Flux in Medium size and always used the adjustment right about mid point. I got the Super in medium and run it almost all the way to the tightest point. Not a problem for me, it fits great like this.

I've also had the chance to use the built in GoPro mount on some good technical North Shore riding. I found the mount to work quite well and stays much more stable than the GP XC helmet mount with straps, not much more shaking than when mounted on a full face helmet with the sticky mount. I also found that the helmet stayed put in it's adjusted position very well, no breaching forward at all which made me pretty much forget the GP was even up there.

Overall, very happy with this new lid and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

The Original Suspect
    Ordered mine from Bell a couple days ago, got the "shipped" email this morning and FedEx should deliver on Thursday. I'll post up my thoughts at that time. Cheers!

mtbr member
    x-posted from the DH forum but my thoughts on the Super...

I have about a month (and a half) on mine. (ordered direct from Bell the day they released...). For reference the other xc/AM helments I have or have used are Giro Xen (owned 3 or 4 and was one of my go to helmets for years... never felt the need to get a zar), Urge enduro-matic (been my other go to helmet for the past two years), Kali Avita Carbon (rode for a few months, hated it, it wiggled and never felt comfortable...been sitting on a shelf for a year and half...think I finally just threw in trash), Poc trabec - never rode, just didn't fit me right...nice helmet though.

I have been pleased with the Bell Super. It ventilates and breathes very well (on par with the Giro Xen and better than the Urge) , does not move when riding, holds sweat back at an acceptable level (could be better but does the job), and I generally forget I am wearing it once I start riding. The only slight complaint I have is the forehead padding is fairly narrow and firm. When I put it on I always feel the front spars on the inside of the helmet for a minute or two. It does not have that plush on the front of your forehead feel as compared to the Urge (their gansta pad is excellent and the best I have ever used) nor is it as soft as the Xen. Its not a deal breaker but something to consider. I would assume the smaller padding helps with the breathability.

I still like the feel of the urge better but find it too hot for summer rides in Texas with 90-105 degrees. I really needed to retire both my Xen and Urge due to age, use, and funk. The Super is going to be my replacement for the Xen. I'll probably pick up a new urge once things cool off in the fall.

Lastly... I like the looks. Less goofy than the Urge and does not have the I am wearing a watermelon on my head look. Strikes a good balance between dirt jump lid and xc helmet.

mtbr member
    i really wanted this helmet but after a few long discussions with my LBS, he still recommended the POC trabec races'. I was told after one major crash with the bell super, its trash. the POC hold it better after multiple crashes.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

The Original Suspect
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    i really wanted this helmet but after a few long discussions with my LBS, he still recommended the POC trabec races'. I was told after one major crash with the bell super, its trash. the POC hold it better after multiple crashes.
    It's my impression that any helmet should be replaced after "one major crash." I would also have to say that if you are crashing where your head is having enough contact to "trash" a helmet, "multiple" times...you should find another hobby. Just sayin'

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HitmenOnlyInc View Post
    It's my impression that any helmet should be replaced after "one major crash." I would also have to say that if you are crashing where your head is having enough contact to "trash" a helmet, "multiple" times...you should find another hobby. Just sayin'
    or @ the very least don't ride or take advice from guys in a shop that are experienced in "multiple" stacks on their heads..
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by HitmenOnlyInc View Post
    This! ^

Once the protective foam is compressed, the ability to protect your noggin in future crashes is greatly reduced, if not rendered completely ineffective (depending on level of compression).

Hi There!
    I want one bad, but I can't find them anywhere. I wouldn't buy a helmet I haven't tried on, so no online ordering for me.
    NTFTC

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast