Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 114
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ti-triodes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Heard that mentioned by my friend just yesterday. I wear protective eyewear with a pretty standard width of temple and have absolutely no problem at all. My friends info was that those that are wearing some type of Oakley sunglasses with some funky temple are the problem. Perhaps karma strikes those that spend ridiculous amounts of money for fashionista styling that cost .89 cents to produce.

    I agree with you about overpriced glasses. I'm using Performance frames, so it's only $20 to get a different style. Hopefully that does the trick. I was just wondering if anyone else was running into problems.
    Both the Bell and TLD are great helmets. I really want to get one to work with my head.

  2. #52
    26 ain't dead
    Reputation: -Chainslap-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    333
    I just picked a Medium helmet yesterday and love it. Also replaced an aging Giro Xen. Fit's a lot better and also fits better with my Smith Pivlock glasses then the Xen did. I also thought about getting the TLD but my Bell Moto 8 dirt bike helmet has also served me well so went for the Super. Plus the LBS had it in stock!

  3. #53
    MTBR Member
    Reputation: ncfisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,929
    Maybe it's just me, but the liner on the Super does not hold sweat very well. I've been using Bell Variants for the last few years and those are much better in that aspect. I'll either have to go with a sweatband(never done this) or shelve it until it cools down a bit.

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jazzanova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,585

    Re: Bell Super Helmet

    Quote Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post
    I agree with you about overpriced glasses. I'm using Performance frames, so it's only $20 to get a different style. Hopefully that does the trick. I was just wondering if anyone else was running into problems.
    Both the Bell and TLD are great helmets. I really want to get one to work with my head.
    I had the fit problem with combination TLD A1 + Oakley Radar switchlock.
    The temples on A1 reach low and the glasses did not stay secured.
    I have found a solution though.
    I squeeze the glasses under the adjustable plastic retainer, which holds the helmet firm on head. Before I tried to leave the glasses on the top of it, but that caused them to slip.
    I also use head caps, which might help with the fit, since the glasses are not pressed directly to my ears.
    So at the and I am a happy owner, the A1 is very comfortable.
    I advice to try any helmet with glasses you are planning to wear before you buy. Play with the fit, it took me 3 tries before I figured how to make it work...

  5. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    309
    I've been using the Super for about a month or so now, took a header into a tree with my Giro Feature exactly one week before it was a year old. The Super is obviously the next evolution of the Feature and a big leap forward. The fitment is a huge improvement and is secure and snug without being tight. My Oakley Half Jackets don't fit well with the temple protection, I've tried the Oakley Flak Jackets and Half Jacket 2.0s and they both fit perfectly under the helmet. I haven't used the go pro mount yet, but it looks like a well executed idea.

    Overall I've been really happy with the Super, it's everything I liked about the Feature but with nicer finishing touches and better venting.

  6. #56
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,816
    It's a really nice looking helmet, but it's already BEHIND the latest evolution in helmet safety, the "MIPS" standard. The POC Trabec Race helmet is one mtb helmet I was able to find that has it. There may be others, as well.
    Head injuries are a complicated thing.
    POC Trabec Race MIPS Helmet from Bike Bling

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    392
    Just picked up the Bell Super last week and had a couple hours of riding to test it out. Very happy with the fit. With my rounder dome, I fit Giros and Bell a bit better. Tried the POC's and seems those are more for the narrow headed. I usually get pretty hot headed but with all the vent holes, had a constant breeze keeping me cool. I didn't find the pads too thin. I adjusted the straps in the bathroom mirror prior to riding and even cut some of the unnecessary slop to keep the ends from flapping around. Make sure to slowly heat the edges with a small flame so they don't continue to fray. It was set and forget, with no movement whatsoever.

    Overall, nice helmet. Only downside is somewhat high price but if I can get a few years out of it, it will be well worth it.

  8. #58
    The Original Suspect
    Reputation: HitmenOnlyInc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfisherman View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but the liner on the Super does not hold sweat very well. I've been using Bell Variants for the last few years and those are much better in that aspect. I'll either have to go with a sweatband(never done this) or shelve it until it cools down a bit.
    I ride with on of these: Halo Halo V Headband at REI.com

    I don't even notice it's there and it works very well at keeping sweat out of my eyes.

  9. #59
    The Original Suspect
    Reputation: HitmenOnlyInc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,303
    I have about a couple dozen rides or so with my Super. I still maintain it is the best fitting helmet I have had. I barely notice it's there and I find the ventilation to be more than adequate even during rides in the Az heat.

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dirtrider76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,657
    I've had mine awhile now and it works well. Fit is good, its holding up great, works great with the Gopro on top or my XLM3.

    I wear either Oakley Gascan's or Dragon Rake's with no issue's.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ti-triodes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    I had the fit problem with combination TLD A1 + Oakley Radar switchlock.
    The temples on A1 reach low and the glasses did not stay secured.
    I have found a solution though.
    I squeeze the glasses under the adjustable plastic retainer, which holds the helmet firm on head. Before I tried to leave the glasses on the top of it, but that caused them to slip.
    I also use head caps, which might help with the fit, since the glasses are not pressed directly to my ears.
    So at the and I am a happy owner, the A1 is very comfortable.
    I advice to try any helmet with glasses you are planning to wear before you buy. Play with the fit, it took me 3 tries before I figured how to make it work...

    Great tip. Thanks!

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    231
    For those that have this helmet, does the over brow venting actually work and make a difference?

  13. #63
    aka: Bucky Fikes
    Reputation: Oh My Sack!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,949
    It's working quite well for me and the ventilation is very good. I just rode today at the hottest time of the day which is typical for me, 80-85° temps in the late afternoon. I have no overheat issue whatsoever and that's been the case up to about 95° so far.

  14. #64
    The Original Suspect
    Reputation: HitmenOnlyInc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,303
    I agree! I have the all matte black version and I rode mid-day in 90+ heat.

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    326
    I've been riding with Super for about 3 months. I find it to be light and comfortable, I hardly notice it is there most of the time. I've ridden a few 100+F days here in New Mexico and haven't noticed it being hot. The only thing I feel could make it better is concussion protection like MIPS. My next helmet may be a Scott Stego for the MIPS protection.

    I went with the blue, black seemed like it would be hotter.

  16. #66
    I like bloody ankles
    Reputation: dsjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    135
    I haven't noticed the brow vent to do anything more than other well vented helmets, but I also wear a Halo headband so the incoming air may be blocked. I can say the Super runs as cool as any other helmet I've worn - mostly fox flux and older Giro's and Bell's.

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veryavgwhtguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    266
    I just bought a large Super, and have taken it on two rides so far. Great helmet, and everything I expected. However, I was at the smaller end of the range for the Large size. Now the padding has compressed so that the helmet is too big and wobbles around. (It fit fine the night before when I wore it around the house for an hour.) Luckily, I bought it from a retailer that has a no-questions-asked return policy, and have ordered a Medium from the same retailer to replace it.

  18. #68
    MTBR Member
    Reputation: ncfisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,929
    Quote Originally Posted by veryavgwhtguy View Post
    I just bought a large Super, and have taken it on two rides so far. Great helmet, and everything I expected. However, I was at the smaller end of the range for the Large size. Now the padding has compressed so that the helmet is too big and wobbles around. (It fit fine the night before when I wore it around the house for an hour.) Luckily, I bought it from a retailer that has a no-questions-asked return policy, and have ordered a Medium from the same retailer to replace it.
    Returning a helmet that you've worn on two rides? That's kinda whack.

  19. #69
    The Original Suspect
    Reputation: HitmenOnlyInc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfisherman View Post
    Returning a helmet that you've worn on two rides? That's kinda whack.
    I agree...fit it before you buy it!

    I work at REI and people bring back everything from warn underwear to energy food and everything in between.

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dirtrider76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,657
    It was posted on here in this thread they run a bit big, it quoted below. Maybe you should have checked first...

    Returning a helmet you wore a few times is shifty.

    Quote Originally Posted by veryavgwhtguy View Post
    I just bought a large Super, and have taken it on two rides so far. Great helmet, and everything I expected. However, I was at the smaller end of the range for the Large size. Now the padding has compressed so that the helmet is too big and wobbles around. (It fit fine the night before when I wore it around the house for an hour.) Luckily, I bought it from a retailer that has a no-questions-asked return policy, and have ordered a Medium from the same retailer to replace it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 94krawler View Post
    I've been riding my Enduro since right after they were released. I have had no issue's with it and ride with it 2-3 times a week. I did order a large cause thats what Bell's sizing chart says fit's me but exchanged it for a Medium for a better fit.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veryavgwhtguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    266
    I was going to write out a well-reasoned retort to all the compelling arguments against returning the helmet. But, then I remembered I don't need to justify my actions to the internet.

    Regardless, future Bell Super buyers, heed my cautionary tale and know that the padding compresses and changes the fit.

  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18
    Bought this helmet over a month ago before hitting the McKenzie river trail in Oregon. Wore it for over 7 hours on that ride and it was comfortable, cool and offered excellent coverage. I haven't regretted the buy in the least. To be honest for the design/coverage it's fairly light and you forget your wearing it. The strap system is well built and functional, the fit is adjustable due to the dial adjustment band, and the ventilation is adequate...not too hot for the summer Boise Foothills which get rather warm. If (when) I bust it, I'll replace it with the same model without hesitation.

  23. #73
    The Original Suspect
    Reputation: HitmenOnlyInc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by veryavgwhtguy View Post
    I was going to write out a well-reasoned retort to all the compelling arguments against returning the helmet. But, then I remembered I don't need to justify my actions to the internet.

    Regardless, future Bell Super buyers, heed my cautionary tale and know that the padding compresses and changes the fit.
    I think you just made a bad purchase from the get go. Bought wrong size, no big deal, it happens. The best choice you made was purchasing from a retailer that you could return to. As for the padding. I'll have to disagree with you. I have ridden with this helmet all summer and still find it to be just as comfortable as the day I bought it. No compression of the padding what so ever. The padding in this helmet isn't very thick and not much to compress anyway.

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    239
    Mine fits well. Very comfortable MTB - I guess if they fit, they should be comfortable as well.

    Love it.

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,010
    I have been wearing a Fox Flux for a few seasons (2 different ones). I see a TON of people wearing the Bell Super out on the trail, and after trying it on at the LBS, I was really impressed. For me, it was really comfortable, had a great fit and I dig the fact that it *seems* to offer a little more coverage than most of the AM-oriented helmets.

  26. #76
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by veryavgwhtguy View Post
    I was going to write out a well-reasoned retort to all the compelling arguments against returning the helmet. But, then I remembered I don't need to justify my actions to the internet.

    Regardless, future Bell Super buyers, heed my cautionary tale and know that the padding compresses and changes the fit.
    I pull most of the foam padding out of my helmets. If they do not fit reasonably well without it (or by using the head clamp), the basic fit is not there in the first place.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  27. #77
    Ride in heat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    372
    Love the helmet, but have the same problem as some here. I'm on the lower scale of fitting, which means I bought large, but after few rides either I lost some weight, or the padding compressed - the helmet feels loose today.

    Now the question - is there any way to tighten the helmet? Add padding, cut plastic - I'm ready to do anything.

  28. #78
    aka: Bucky Fikes
    Reputation: Oh My Sack!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,949
    I wear a SweatVac Ventilator Cap under my lid. Not because my Super fits loose, but because it works as good sweat management and helps keep the helmet from getting all funky. I do this with my Arai motorcycle helmets, as well. The SweatVac will take up some space so I have to run the Super helmet adjustment a bit loose to fit over it. You won't know it's there otherwise. It keeps my head cooler on the hot rides, too. Win win. You might consider one to take up the slack.

    Ventilator Cap | Headwear | SweatVac Performance Wear

    Name:  Sweatvac-Ventilator-White-Red.png
Views: 868
Size:  116.1 KB

  29. #79
    Ride in heat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    372
    First of all - thank you. I thought 'bout it, but we don't have it here, and the ones that we do have - they are too heavy for our climate.

    However, I have to ask two questions:
    1. How it performs in extreme hot riding conditions? I ride when it's 40 degrees outside sometimes - is that bearable with this yarmolka on the head?
    2. I also have long hair, which can cause this thing to slip up. Or isn't it?

  30. #80
    aka: Bucky Fikes
    Reputation: Oh My Sack!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,949
    I've bought several SweatVacs and all through their site online. They're hella-fast at processing and shipping. A lot of my rides here in CA these past months have been middle to late in the day, 90° give or take, rides. It's designed for that. It works similar to a good bike jersey by wicking moisture and evaporating it off. The Super has sufficient ventilation to allow the SweatVac to do just that. As for cold, I can't see that being an issue, either. As for long hair, you're on your own with that. I have a full head of hair but I keep it high and tight.

  31. #81
    used to be RipRoar
    Reputation: TraxFactory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Posts
    1,789
    Many people using the Sweat Buster have reported "better helmet fit"....do a search on it...

    I do have the Bell Super as well and it is for sure on the large side.

  32. #82
    Armature speller
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,861
    Just got a Bell Super in black/white stripe.

    My previous helmet was a Bell XLV.

    Actually, the shape of the Super is similar to my 2nd ever helmet back in the early 90's before wearing helmets became the law here.

    The Super fits well and I can tune it to fit bare headed or with a sweat band, just like the XLV.
    I like the decent, adjustable peak, side and back coverage and lack of sticky outy "aero" back end. I'm also a heavy GoPro user...

    Also, my favorite motorbike helmets are both open face, with peaks.

    I'd like to think that if Steve McQueen rode mountain bikes, a black with white stripe Bell Super would be on his head...

  33. #83
    Ride in heat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Aba Grizzly View Post
    Now the question - is there any way to tighten the helmet? Add padding, cut plastic - I'm ready to do anything.
    An update - I succeeded to work it out with 2 additional screws. I have shortened the plastic band by 1.5 cm on each side - now the helmet fits perfectly. This kind of customization would work for any kind of tightening to smaller sizes.

  34. #84
    MarkyMark
    Reputation: MarkMass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,119
    My Super was really loose (bad over rough terrain and jumps) and I was tempted to shorten the straps. I'm glad I found this thread. I ordered a Sweat Buster and put it behind the front pad. It works perfectly!

    It was cold (~40degF) this weekend and I think the Sweat Buster kept my head a bit warmer. It also helped soak up the the sweat that would normally run down my face. The Super's pads are really, really thin and don't have much capacity.

    I'm in the Bay Area so I got it fast (via mail) and it's good to support a local manufacturer.

    Quote Originally Posted by RipRoar View Post
    Many people using the Sweat Buster have reported "better helmet fit"....do a search on it...

    I do have the Bell Super as well and it is for sure on the large side.

  35. #85
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307

    Bell Super Helmet

    Quote Originally Posted by Aba Grizzly View Post
    An update - I succeeded to work it out with 2 additional screws. I have shortened the plastic band by 1.5 cm on each side - now the helmet fits perfectly. This kind of customization would work for any kind of tightening to smaller sizes.
    No, you have managed to stabilize the helmet on your head. It still does not fit well.
    A helmet needs to fit the head closely and be stable without the use of head clamps to be effective, unlike this:
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  36. #86
    The Original Suspect
    Reputation: HitmenOnlyInc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,303
    If you have to modify a helmet to fit, then you bought the wrong size! My Super fits great with or without a headband or skull cap. Zero movement or play ever.

  37. #87
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307

    Bell Super Helmet

    Quote Originally Posted by HitmenOnlyInc View Post
    If you have to modify a helmet to fit, then you bought the wrong size! My Super fits great with or without a headband or skull cap. Zero movement or play ever.
    ...and/or wrong model.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  38. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by HitmenOnlyInc View Post
    If you have to modify a helmet to fit, then you bought the wrong size! My Super fits great with or without a headband or skull cap. Zero movement or play ever.
    I think that is a tough statement to justify when sizing is so blanketed like "XS / Sm, Medium / Large". They are basically saying they can fit a wide range of heads, per size.

    How can you expect it to be perfect when it is meant to fit a RANGE of sizes?

    Manufacturers should make dedicated XS, Small, Medium, Large, XL, etc.

    I agree, major mods would be a red flag though, but I think MTB helmet sizing is kinda ridiculous. I tried on a Med/Lg at the dealer and it did feel good, but....

  39. #89
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307

    Bell Super Helmet

    Quote Originally Posted by KGAmoto View Post
    I think that is a tough statement to justify when sizing is so blanketed like "XS / Sm, Medium / Large". They are basically saying they can fit a wide range of heads, per size.

    How can you expect it to be perfect when it is meant to fit a RANGE of sizes?

    Manufacturers should make dedicated XS, Small, Medium, Large, XL, etc.

    I agree, major mods would be a red flag though, but I think MTB helmet sizing is kinda ridiculous. I tried on a Med/Lg at the dealer and it did feel good, but....
    By trying on many different brands and models. The XS-XL sizing makes good fit more possible, unlike the one size fits all(most nobody) lids.
    I expect basic helmet fit to be near perfect. I need to try on many helmets to find it, sometimes even different helmets of the same model and size. If I want to use a sweatband or hat under the helmet I wear those when checking.
    If a helmet is not stable and comfortable on my head without using the straps or head clamps, it does not fit. They only make it more secure, not "correct" a poor helmet shape.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  40. #90
    aka: Bucky Fikes
    Reputation: Oh My Sack!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,949
    FYI, the Super IS sized in S, M, L.

  41. #91
    used to be RipRoar
    Reputation: TraxFactory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Posts
    1,789
    I've spoke to dozens of people over the past year or so about various helmets and how they fit and their function. I can tell you for sure many people struggle with a comfortable helmet, mostly due to an odd shaped head. Many of these people have tried on several brands and sizes with similar results.

    I have no data to back it up but just from my own observation it is people with narrow heads have the most complaints.

    In many cases just some extra or less material in the proper location solves the problem. Many helmets actually still do come with thick and thin pads just for this reason.

  42. #92
    The Original Suspect
    Reputation: HitmenOnlyInc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by KGAmoto View Post
    I think that is a tough statement to justify when sizing is so blanketed like "XS / Sm, Medium / Large". They are basically saying they can fit a wide range of heads, per size.

    How can you expect it to be perfect when it is meant to fit a RANGE of sizes?

    Manufacturers should make dedicated XS, Small, Medium, Large, XL, etc.

    I agree, major mods would be a red flag though, but I think MTB helmet sizing is kinda ridiculous. I tried on a Med/Lg at the dealer and it did feel good, but....
    I don't think it's difficult at all. Bell in this case does make sm, med, large in the Super. It has an adjustable band for fine tuning the fit. It is true that for some Bell models as well as some other brands the range of sizes goes sm/med, med/lg. But there again, I have not seen helmet in many years without internal adjustability. I currently have two Bell and one Giro helmet. While I like the fit of the Bell's better than Giro and this has been the case for many years, I can still get a good comfortable fit from Giro. When shopping for the Super I first tried the med because that was the size of the other Bell I own. I got a great fit instantly but also tried sm and large for comparison.

    Shiggy your are correct in that it may not only be the size but the model as well.

  43. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    190
    Since Chad McQueen has licensed the McQueen name to Troy Lee Designs, and TLD makes a few McQueen helmets, I am sure he would ride a TLD A1 Helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Just got a Bell Super in black/white stripe.

    My previous helmet was a Bell XLV.

    Actually, the shape of the Super is similar to my 2nd ever helmet back in the early 90's before wearing helmets became the law here.

    The Super fits well and I can tune it to fit bare headed or with a sweat band, just like the XLV.
    I like the decent, adjustable peak, side and back coverage and lack of sticky outy "aero" back end. I'm also a heavy GoPro user...

    Also, my favorite motorbike helmets are both open face, with peaks.

    I'd like to think that if Steve McQueen rode mountain bikes, a black with white stripe Bell Super would be on his head...

  44. #94
    Armature speller
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by stiksandstones View Post
    Since Chad McQueen has licensed the McQueen name to Troy Lee Designs, and TLD makes a few McQueen helmets, I am sure he would ride a TLD A1 Helmet.
    As long as it was as plain as possible...

  45. #95
    Ride in heat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    No, you have managed to stabilize the helmet on your head. It still does not fit well.
    A helmet needs to fit the head closely and be stable without the use of head clamps to be effective, unlike this:
    Well, you were right. Went from Bell Super, which I got in too large size for my head, to TLD A1, which I got exactly for my size. Totally different. A1 sits firmly on the head, with great coverage and close fit. Thank you for the kick in the ass, otherwise I'd continue to ride with a bucket on my head...

  46. #96
    Armature speller
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Aba Grizzly View Post
    Well, you were right. Went from Bell Super, which I got in too large size for my head, to TLD A1, which I got exactly for my size. Totally different. A1 sits firmly on the head, with great coverage and close fit. Thank you for the kick in the ass, otherwise I'd continue to ride with a bucket on my head...
    Why didn't you get a Bell Super in your correct size?

  47. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    44
    it is impt. to fit the right helmet before buying. common problem on buying on line

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

  48. #98
    aka: Bucky Fikes
    Reputation: Oh My Sack!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,949
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Why didn't you get a Bell Super in your correct size?
    My thoughts, too.

    I tried the TLD A1 on, side by side with the Super. They both had identical headshape though the TLD was a combination size as Md/Lg while the Bell was individually sized as a Med or a Large. The Bell's suspension system has 3 different depth adjustments as well as the headband twist adjustment. I'm guessing the depth adjuster feature was perhaps overlooked?

  49. #99
    Ride in heat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Why didn't you get a Bell Super in your correct size?
    I got Bell in Large. But this Large was so large for me, that I even if I took medium, it still would be too large... Now, I didn't want to get down to small, 'cos I didn't know how it would fit my head, and what coverage it has. Besides, I alzo compared the coverage vs A1, and A1 has more coverage. After I got the A1, I find out that I was right, because it does have more coverage, it does sit better on the head, the build quality slightly better, and the most important - its retention system works much better with long hair...

  50. #100
    Ride in heat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Silanganmarine View Post
    it is impt. to fit the right helmet before buying. common problem on buying on line

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Since I can't try and fit before both due to moral reasons and because we simply don't have these companies representatives in the country. All we have is Fox Flux and 661 Recon as to fill an AM niche...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •