Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The Original Suspect
    Quote Originally Posted by thegweed View Post
    I want one bad, but I can't find them anywhere. I wouldn't buy a helmet I haven't tried on, so no online ordering for me.
    If you already own a Bell helmet, use that size. That's what I did. Although I did try one on before ordering.
    Larger REI stores have them in stock and you can order one from them and return if necessary. Also, you can order directly from Bell.

http://www.bellhelmets.com/cycling/helmets/dirt/super

They accept exchanges as well.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    My experience is that different helmets within a given brand fit differently on my noggin. Just because they are the same size from the same manufacturer does not mean they will fit the same. Some Bell helmets fit me extraordinarily well, others do not.

The Original Suspect
    Quote Originally Posted by desertred View Post
    My experience is that different helmets within a given brand fit differently on my noggin. Just because they are the same size from the same manufacturer does not mean they will fit the same. Some Bell helmets fit me extraordinarily well, others do not.
    I agree. My suggestion was a starting point. I did not mean to suggest that every Bell helmet will fit the same.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I've got a couple rides in with the Super. I really like it. Perfect fit. With the ratchet comfortably set, a normal set, I can bend over and point my head at the ground without it falling off. My last helmet was a Giro Xen, which fit well but not like this. Prior to that I had a Bell road helmet which I liked a lot. So if you're head feels good in a Giro or another Bell, you're probably in the right ball park.

The helmet vents well enough....not as well as the Xen, but it obviously provides much better coverage which I suppose is the obvious tradeoff with this kind of helmet.

I find the visor to be much more effective in doing what a visor is supposed to than other MTB helmet visors.

mtbr member

Bell Super Helmet

I have one after coming from an older Bell sequence. I love the Super. Vents well and is very comfortable. Visor works well too. I'm happy.

The Original Suspect
    Had my first ride today with my Super. Vented very well and fits great. Might get another one in white for riding in Arizona. My matte black one got hot to the touch in the Az heat, although my head stayed cool.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Rode 4 times with my Super last week. I can't compare it to "standard" bike helmets as I have used Pro Tec Classic exclusively for about as long as I can remember. With my new bike figured I needed a new helmet that vented nicely. I really like. Very adjustable fit and comfy. Light so I don't even notice it on my bean. Also, compared to skate and snowboard helmets the venting is top notch.

Again, nothing to compare it to, but I am happy with the purchase. And also fits "true" to size. I have worn a medium in Pro Tec, Boeri, Smith and this Bell is no different.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Saw this helmet at bikebling in Escondido this weekend. I have been running a skate style helmet the last 6 months after some brutal spills in the history but I tend to over heat without all the air flow of a traditional mtb helmet. Aside form the $125 price tag it is a pretty nice helmet with nice coverage. Anyone have the Giro Feature? Similar design, with a $75 tag:
    Feature Mountain Bike Helmet

likes bicycles
    I ride pretty hard, so I want a helmet that's going to cover me up a little better than your standard XC.

I started with a Giro Feature. They have them at a store local, so I tried one on. I desperately wanted it to fit. It's a nice helmet for the price, but the fit wasn't there.

Since I have a Bell XC helmet that fits pretty well, I figured the Super should fit me pretty well. I had one special ordered. At first glance, it's a really nice helmet. I got the blue with green highlights, and the colors look SUPER nice.

When I put the helmet on, I was a bit displeased. It didn't seem to fit my head all that well. The Super definitely has a bit of a different shape than my XC Bell helmet. It looks to be a bit rounder.

In an effort to make the helmet fit a bit better, I tried to pull the speed dial (or whatever they call it) out of the red snaps. When I did this, the plastic tab broke off of one of the snaps that keeps the thing secured. I did nothing outside of what the instructions describe. For whatever reason, the one side was just much tighter than the other. The plastic broke in a manner such that you can still get the snap in there, but it's a giant PITA with no gyro meat.

Since that broke, I called up Bell to see what they would do. The replacement part won't be available until January. They told me to take it up with the retailer. Since the thing doesn't really fit me that well anyways, it's going back. I'm shocked at how easily it broke though.

My search for an 'Enduro' brain bucket continues. Or maybe it ends here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by HitmenOnlyInc View Post
    It's my impression that any helmet should be replaced after "one major crash." I would also have to say that if you are crashing where your head is having enough contact to "trash" a helmet, "multiple" times...you should find another hobby. Just sayin'
    Depends on your definition of "major", but POC does claim the helmet can take multiple hits.

It also has MIPS which is worth the price alone. All of these other helmets are the same crap they've been making for the past 30-40 years in different shapes.
    Blur LT & Highball

Now, THAT'S gonna hurt!
    I'm a couple months into my Bell Super and I'm loving it! It gets used almost every day as I alternate between single track on my squishy bike one day, and 20+ mile rural road rides on my hardtail on the next. Ventilation has been great as is fit and comfort for my head shape which is round oval.

The nearly identical fit for me came from a TLD A1 which, IMO, does not offer any more comfort but a significantly higher price point. The TLD also comes in a Med/Lg combo where the Bell Super is a Sm, Md, Lg. The Super felt like a more custom fit.

mtbr member
    I've been riding my Enduro since right after they were released. I have had no issue's with it and ride with it 2-3 times a week. I did order a large cause thats what Bell's sizing chart says fit's me but exchanged it for a Medium for a better fit.
    13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's

mtbr member

Re: Bell Super Helmet

I am interested in an enduro lid like the Super. Leaning towards the Super currently. I measured my head and it is 55cm. Right on the edge between small and medium. Which size should I go with? Seems to me that it would be better to be at the max end of a size as long as it does in fact fit completely on your head then being at the extreme minimum of a size and having to ratchet the retention all the way down. Seems like you are leaving a lot of extra room in the lid but making it stay on with the retention system. Extra room in a helmet isn't really good. So, does the Super seem to run on the larger or smaller side? Thanks for any help that can be provided?

Specialized Epic 29
    Intense Tracer 29

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Bell Super Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by rehammer81 View Post
    I am interested in an enduro lid like the Super. Leaning towards the Super currently. I measured my head and it is 55cm. Right on the edge between small and medium. Which size should I go with? Seems to me that it would be better to be at the max end of a size as long as it does in fact fit completely on your head then being at the extreme minimum of a size and having to ratchet the retention all the way down. Seems like you are leaving a lot of extra room in the lid but making it stay on with the retention system. Extra room in a helmet isn't really good. So, does the Super seem to run on the larger or smaller side? Thanks for any help that can be provided?
    You.
    Must.
    Try.
    It.
    On!

Circumference does not define head shape.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member

Too
    Bad
    That
    Is
    NOT
    An
    Option!

If it was I wouldn't have bothered asking the question. I have not been able to find one. I figure there are other people on the edge of sizes and wondering what direction they went and how they felt about it. Thanks for your help though.

Specialized Epic 29
    Intense Tracer 29

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Bell Super Helmet

Too
    Bad
    That
    Is
    NOT
    An
    Option!

If it was I wouldn't have bothered asking the question. I have not been able to find one. I figure there are other people on the edge of sizes and wondering what direction they went and how they felt about it. Thanks for your help though.
    Then be prepared to send it back if/when it does not fit. It may not fit at all, no matter the size. Using the head clamp to make the helmet stable on your head does not count as "fitting", either.

There are mediums in one model that fit me perfectly and different models of the "same" circumference that will not go on at all. Heck, I have tried on x-larges with much bigger circumferences that still pinch front to back.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member

I understand that aspect. All I can do is try it as far as that goes. Would be nice to get the right size though assuming it is shaped correctly. I have seen a couple comments elsewhere that they were on the edge of sizes and preferred the smaller size so I will probably go that direction. Just thought this thread might get more hits to lean me one way or the other. Its all good.

Specialized Epic 29
    Intense Tracer 29

mtbr member

Specialized Epic 29
    Intense Tracer 29
    By their sizing chart I took a large but just barely. The lid felt big and took alot of retention to get tight. I returned it and got a medium and it fits well and the shell's feels like it fits better with less retention needed to get it snug.
    13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's

mtbr member

Thanks 94. That is along the lines I read elsewhere. I'm going to go with the small and see how it fits.

Specialized Epic 29
    Intense Tracer 29

mtbr member
    The POC Trabec has been on Chainlove for $75-go to Cleansnipe to check

Now, THAT'S gonna hurt!
    Actually, it's been coming up for $64 on Chainlove but only in size S/XS.

mtbr member
    Anyone else find there are problems using the Super with glasses? I was seriously considering one and found I couldn't wear my cycling glasses with it. I also had this problem with the Troy Lee A1 which led me to consider the Bell as an alternative. Both helmets were too constricting around the temples. Am i the only one who has experienced this?

The Original Suspect
    No issues for me!

mtbr member

Bell Super Helmet

Look nice

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Now, THAT'S gonna hurt!
    Quote Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post
    Anyone else find there are problems using the Super with glasses? I was seriously considering one and found I couldn't wear my cycling glasses with it. I also had this problem with the Troy Lee A1 which led me to consider the Bell as an alternative. Both helmets were too constricting around the temples. Am i the only one who has experienced this?
    Heard that mentioned by my friend just yesterday. I wear protective eyewear with a pretty standard width of temple and have absolutely no problem at all. My friends info was that those that are wearing some type of Oakley sunglasses with some funky temple are the problem. Perhaps karma strikes those that spend ridiculous amounts of money for fashionista styling that cost .89 cents to produce.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast