mtbr member

Bell Stoker Visor Adjustment

I just bought a Bell Stoker helmet. The visor is fairly easy to remove, but doesn't seem to be adjustable.

Bell says the visor is adjustable. Pinkbike says its adjustment is "fairly limited". I don't see how it can be adjusted at all. Can anyone clue me in?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    OK, either the helmet is too new and I'm the only one that has one, or there's no adjustability and the description from Bell and Pinkbike are just wrong.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Nope, you are right, there is no adjustment. Unless you can bend the edges of the visor somehow? I was disappointed by that too.

mtbr member
    My guess is the "adjustable" bit from Bell's website refers the visor removal.

Have you tried contacting Bell about this? Did the helmet come with any literature?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Yeah, the only thing it mentions is that it's removable. It doesn't bother me too much, I don't wear goggles with it. The only other thing I didn't like was the cloth covering the pads inside the helmet started separating but Bell sent me out a replacement set for free really fast, so I'm not complaining. Otherwise, I really like the helmet.

mtbr member
    I agree: all things considered, it's a very good helmet, especially when considering the cost. The only thing I wanted to adjust it for is to get it up a little bit to completely remove it from my vision. Still, no big deal.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Bell Stoker Visor Adjustment

I have the Stoker. No issue with the visor because I did the same as with every helmet. Toss the visor in the trash. My position on the bike is low enough that any visor is in my line of sight.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    I'm in the market for a new helmet and have looked at the Stoker. I wanted to see what everyone here thought about the venting and how well the airflow works to keep cool.
    Thanks.
    You gotta Get Up to Get Down!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I got it in November, so I haven't ridden in temps above 60, but it seems to vent just fine. I am curious to see how well it'll do in really hot weather, but so far so good.

The visor doesn't bother me that much. I needed to work on raising my head a little more to look ahead easier anyway, so in a way it helped.

mtbr member
    I've ridden in temps above 70, but I'm expecting it to do well in the much higher temps we'll get here in Dallas during the summer. It seems well vented. It's also pretty light.

I always wear my helmets with something in between though because my hair is very short ... something like a Buff to keep my head warm and/or catch the sweat. So I never get full use of the vents anyway.

mtbr member
    I think most will have seen the timely Stoker review by now, but just in case, here it is.